WHITES DATE CODES ???? can anyone decifer?

MilitaryCollector

Sep 4, 2007
New England, USA

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help with the code but that is one sweet deal!!!!!!!!!!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first digit is the year next 3 is the day of the year..
So it was built 176th day in 1999

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
MilitaryCollector said:
Can anyone decifer date code of 917605 ???

Subtract from 1000000 gives you the month, day and year. 08/23/95.

I use to be a White's dealer and some of the machines were this way. I think XLT was one of them.

This is probably right.

Burt

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet deal. As long as it works; who cares what the date is.
Rock on man, and hit the dirt.

Ken

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
For what it's worth, don't let the age fool you about that thing.
I have one of the original XLT's when they first came out probably a good 12 years ago or when it was, they hit the market and I said Gimme gimme.... the thing is performing excellent to this very day. Well it has one problem, due to years of banging around the display is starting to drop lines, but with a standard coil that came with it, it does just as good as the day I got it, and still kicks the crap out of many of the newer models out today.

My Original battery pack for the thing finally gave up the ghost about 2 months ago. That thing took a terrible abusing. I have 2 of them, and that one was lost in a closet for probably close to 5 years before being found again after a move. I charged it up and it lasted another two years before now finally not holding a charge good anymore.

When it comes time for a new pack, take it to a Batteries Plus or a specialty battery store, theres a good chance they can rebuild it (put new batteries in, reweld the tabs etc) for quite a bit less than a new one costs from whites. I did up a NiMH pack for mine and the thing runs forever between charges. It's a 3300 mAh pack, purty sweet!!

Aaron

OP
OP
M

MilitaryCollector

Sep 4, 2007
New England, USA
HI:
Thanks for replies.
Haven't heard back from whites so not sure of date. The
Battery Packs I'm sure are 1999, so maybe first guess was right.
We'll see. Started playing with it, seems to work fine but also
has some horizontal lines running through display. (can still make
out what is being said but kinda annoying, OH WELL, what do I
want for 20.00 :)

OP
OP
M

MilitaryCollector

Sep 4, 2007
New England, USA
DING, DING, DING!
Looks like we have a winner, The 1995 date was correct but whites
is all secret on how to decifer, THANKS to person who replied about
subtracting from 1,000,000. ALSO a new display is only 75.00 so I might as well get new one since I paid so cheap. (and that info
should be good for other person who said they have lines too).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your XLT was manufactured the 8/23/95. Sorry, not allowed to disclose date code sequences.

Looks like you figured out the more simple battery date code.

Current XLT software is 1.1. Update simply improves the Preset programs, not normally worth the cost unless there are other problems.

Lines on the display can only really be fixed by replacing the LCD, $75. Installed.

The Hunter

Sep 25, 2007
Forney, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Speaking of older machines, I bought an Eagle Spectrum many years ago which has sat unused for many years. Is there an internal battery that I need to worry about the life span of?

Thanks
TH

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
TH there is a battery or more a capicator or something that keeps the user defined programs intact and your settings. In their original owners manual whites said something about, the thing needs to be replaced every so often and if you leave a battery OUT of the machine for a few months with a weak internal power pack you may lose your settings.

on that.

retired navy here. my machine sat in a close for literally 6 years on one stint...... when I finally got orders to somewhere I could use it, broke everything out, charged up the batteries plugged one in, turned it on and presto, my original preset program that was sitting for so many years is still intact. If you plan on using it at least once a month Id say .. then id not worry about the internal battery... if the machine is that old though, well there are no warranties on it anymore. chances are if it's not a capicator, it's a 2032 or other similar lithium cell in there, which is easily replaced. but if you do. jot down your settings because when you do pull the plug it might all go poof.

Aaron

The Hunter

Sep 25, 2007
Forney, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thanks Aaron,

When I get some time I may open it up and see if there's an on board battery. If so I'll replace it. Right now there's only the factory programs in it so I hope that they would stay put. If there is one I may call Whites before pulling it.

TH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions