whites dfx, old machine but still very good

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I will tell you what I'm no expert on much but this old machine hangs in there with some of the best. I will tell you what if you want to use as your main detector or have as a backup you cant go wrong. I would advise get a used dfx obviously don't make anymore. Whites very good, easy to learn, search on friends good weather is coming.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DFX is my goto detector when I'm on the beach with the 9.5" Coil. It is reasonably fast, faster than my CZ and accurate in VID at depths up to 9". This detector has made me many gold finds and it is sensitive to small gold (earing size) items even in wet salty sand at depth of 5-6". It is stable when properly set, however it is susceptible to EMI and the depth is not that great even with custom programs. At most it goes down 11" on a large ring size object in wet sand. However for covering the beach quickly while having a stable accurate machine in the wet and dry sand the DFX is a winner.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still own and use a DFX. Fantastic machine. I would definitely put it up against any of the newer machines out today.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I still use my DFX a lot and love it. I wish it was Fully Submersible...but it isn't, so I got the Garrett AT Max and smaller Coil for that reason.

The DFX is the same machine as the current Whites 300 except for the coil they came with and the paint...the DFX came with the 9" and the 300 has a 12". The paint on the DFX is gloss and the 300 is matte finish.

Other than those two things they are exactly the same machine and it is an Amazing Detector. I hope I'm as happy with the Max years later as I am with the DFX!

Kace

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my 4x6 dd coil that I used on my DFX for sale in Tnet classifieds if interested

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread