Whites Matrix M6

M

miser

White's Matrix M6

Well, after a lot of consideration, weighing the pros and cons, I walked into Kellyco intent to spend no more than $200 for my first machine and instead walked out with the White's Matrix M6. :P No pressure from the salesman, though. The machine sold itself.

What initially impressed me most about the M6 was the simplicity of the design. Two knobs, one for discrimination and one for sensitivity. Headphone jack in the back. The only other switch on the box was for the Auto Trac which allows for searching in normal conditions as well as the beach. Since I plan to do quite a bit of beach hunting, this was a real plus. No, the unit cannot be submerged (and don't let the control box get wet), but it is designed to handle the mineralization of wet sand.

Underneath the display screen was a trigger that when pulled and held, acted as the most accurate pinpointer I've ever seen!

Well, I went to the beach this morning with a lightweight set of headphones (due to the heat) and hopes running high. My first hunt in over 13 years! Well, I got skunked. :D But it wasn't the machine's fault. I was searching a heavily hunted and apparently recently re-sanded beach. After over 3 hours of hunting, I pulled 3 pull tabs, 9 bottle caps, one Matchbox racing car, and a plastic American soldier throwing a hand grenade (found that one one the surface). It worked equally well in both wet sand and dry sand.

I am just beginning to understand the operation of this machine, but I'm happy to say the M6 will likely have a short learning curve because of its simplicity.For example, I'm beginning to learn that fluxuating readings on the display usually means a pull tab or bottle cap, and a penny reading at the beach might also mean a complete soda can. So you can see that I've got some learning to do, but everything on this machine worked flawlessly, especially the pinpointer.

When I go to a park or other dry land hunt, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Re: White's Matrix M6

Congratulations on your new machine. I run the MXT and love it. The M6 is pretty similar to the MXT, so I have been told. Looking forward to seeing your finds. Get a lot of practice and before long you will be finding some amazing finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread