Whites Spectra V3i, never been used.

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's Spectra V3i, never been used.

I'm not quite sure about White's resell values. I saw an unused White's Spectra V3i online for $1,000 with a couple pairs of headphones and other extras. The guy said it was 1 year old and has never been used. Would this be a good investment to resell at higher than $1,000 or is the price just about right? Thanks for the help.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1499.95 new with headphones so 1000 prob sounds right

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one (used once - maybe) for $900 w/o whp. $1000 is a fair price.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find your closest dealer you might even find a better deal. I know a guy who deals them and many times he'll make more on ebay for the used ones than he makes right from his shop.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think I'd believe someone that owned a White's V3i for a year and claimed they didn't ever use it once. If it truly was still brand new, why wouldn't they try and sell it for the new/unused price? They are asking hundreds less for it.
Seems fishy, and not in a good sushi way.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if there's a factory menu on the V3i that might actually show the hours of use that it's had, it's very possible. I have worked on consumer products for quite some time and many of the higher end units you could tell exactly how long they had been running.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Giant is onto something with that one!!! An timometer in your detector. Cell phones have them, even the old school Nokia ones we all had and were addicted to "Snake" had them. I just checked my phone, I'm at over 10,000hrs on it!!!
I wonder if there's a factory menu on the V3i that might actually show the hours of use that it's had, it's very possible. I have worked on consumer products for quite some time and many of the higher end units you could tell exactly how long they had been running.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There isn't a time meter on the V3I......

Myself I would not buy used.....that's foolish ?

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I got mine "used" for $900 w/o whp. The unit was in original packaging and had 18 months remaining on warranty. It was really clean - looked like it may have been used once for maybe 10 minutes. I was very pleased.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

For that unit @ that price... I probably wouldn't go for it as OP seems to suggest a desire to flip it and make a few bucks, but I bought a 2 year old DFX with $300 in accessories and just 2 hours of use for $400 + shipping. Foolish???...I don't think so!

InsearchOfGold

Feb 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX..XLT..6000 Di Pro, V3i, MxSport

Bought one used for $850 w/o wireless headphones. Was told it had 15 hours on it and I believe it. Looks and works like brand new.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey if you can get one that is running good and is in good shape..why not but for me...I like to start out new with something like this...I buy ised stuff all the time.....but in this case I want one I had from the start...right from the factory....You guys sound happy with yours and that's what it's all about right?
Its a great hobby any way you approach it.....:notworthy:
Congrads on the great buys....guys

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread