Whites spectrum xlt used value?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good detector, but the ones I see go for $300 -$400.

I posted one yesterday on CL for $250.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How easy is it to use? Im looking for a simpler, beginner style unit until my interest is piqued to want to learn the ins and outs of a more advanced (complicated) unit.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One on criags list here for $200 and in the past I bought 2 from a different guy on craigs list for $150 each. So I would say TOP $ is $275 They would be worth more if you could buy additional coils for them...
If you do not have a higher end machine, the XLT is well worth $275 if the screen is perfect.. they have a tendency to go bad. It is obvious if the screen is bad or going bad with streaks in.. also make sure the back light works.

OP
OP
Guster

Guster

Dec 8, 2015
Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great information. Thanks for the advice. Good unit or not, i wouldnt care for a used one with no warranty that could have a screen failure, kind of worries me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen replacement from Whites runs a bit over $100 - just had mine done.

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had my xlt 20 yrs,still runs as new

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try and get an MXT, it's very simple to learn, has as much depth as the V3i or an E-trac, and has a lot more coils available. You can use the same coils for the V3i, VX3, DFX, and the M6, the XLT has limited coils available. HH

Wayfarer

Dec 7, 2005
Western Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's: V3i, MXT, XL Pro
(In the past: White's: VX3, DFX, XLT, 6000 Di Pro SL, Coinmaster 2DB --- Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The an excellent machine and is right up there with most of today's best. Not quite as deep or separates as well as today's top of the line, like e-trac, CTX 3030, V3i, etc., but 80-90% good. Certainly good enough that a skilled operator can use it very effectively and wouldn't be losing much if anything over today's $1,000+ detectors.

I just sold last week an excellent condition XLT that I bought new about 20 years ago. It went fast, like only a few hours fast!, for $325 locally on craigslist, but had a hard case and pinpointer. No extra coils, though. If it was really only used once or twice, the one you are looking at should be truly like new, and worth $350-400. I had my XLT for 20 years and never had a bit of trouble from my screen, no lines, backlight, all worked like new the whole time I owned it, 100% reliable unit.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How easy is it to use? Im looking for a simpler, beginner style unit until my interest is piqued to want to learn the ins and outs of a more advanced (complicated) unit.

The XLT was the first detrctor that I purchased when I got back into the hobby nine years ago. I only kept it a year before selling because it was on the heavy side and because the i terrace you used to change settings was annoying, requiring endless scrolling thru menu items. So from that standpoint, I wouldn't call it simple. But it's a nice deep machine and can be used as a turn on and go.

I would look at Minelab Xterra series, or Fishers.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nice MXT package with extra coils on the Classifieds.

Wayne

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had both a XLT and the DFX 300.

If all you do is hunt for coins, relics, etc at parks, old houses, etc, XLT is the way to go.

DFX is good, but really a waste of extra money on extra features. It's a lot better machine for beaches tho..

FWIW, as both a long time seller and buyer of pretty much anything, anyone can put "used one or twice".

Look for scratches/nicks on the coil, loss of paint or scratches on the control box or window, if it has any of it, it's been used more that a few times.

Check the battery pack too, if it has a lot of surface scratches, it's been in and out a lot thus "not used a few times".

If you really want it, show the guy completed listings on eBay and offer him that for it. I'd rather buy one locally and try it out before taking a chance on eBay.

Lot of people don't know the "Real value" on stuff, just show him what it's actually worth, just don't do it in "smart ass" way..

Last edited:

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for an XLT if anybody has one for sale reasonable!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread