Whites TDI vs Minelab gold detector

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
I am thinking of buying a gold machine. I was wondering how the Whites TDI will work in comparison to the Minelabs. I prefer to buy something in the $1000 & $1500 range. I am wanting a detector that will find some of the deeper nuggets that's also not too difficult to learn. Thanks, Jim

dirt hound

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2008
Try posting on nugget shooters forum or rob allison nugget hunting forum,they will give you the answer you need.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
dirt hound said:
Try posting on nugget shooters forum or rob allison nugget hunting forum,they will give you the answer you need.
Only if you want a biased opinion

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The original post is old so maybe the original poster has moved on. But since nobody has provided an opinion I will. I have a TDI and have since they came out. I also have used all the Minelab PI units and currently have a new GPX 5000.

For $1000 to $1500 there really is not much choice. Get a TDI or get a used SD2200 or SD2200v2. Fairly comparable units, with the best depth going to the used Minelabs. A new TDI will of course have a warranty. Ultimately which is the better choice depends on the person and the ground being hunted.

I would be happy to expound if anyone has questions.

Steve Herschbach

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AUDuke said:
dirt hound said:

What opinion isn't biased? Isn't that the POINT of an opinion?

Definition of OPINION
a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem
a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view
a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Another great detector is the Garrett Infinium. Its also a PI and I believe it is quicker to
learn than either of the other detectors. It's waterproof so you can use it in streams,
rainy weather, at the beach or up to 200 feet deep. $1062.50 at lots of dealers.
Lots of bang for the buck.
Rich

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
dbsmokey said:
AUDuke said:
dirt hound said:

What opinion isn't biased? Isn't that the POINT of an opinion?

Definition of OPINION
a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem
a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge b : a generally held view
a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based
Maybe I should have said, A favorable opinion of a certain brand and a unfavorable opinon of all others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread