What's new

Whites DFX Vs. Garrett 2500 GTI Vs. minelab explorer SE

dcbaros

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kemah, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
A am fairly new at detecting and i want to buy me a decent detector. Which of these would be best for relic hunting, jewelry, coins, and gold? If not any of these then I am open to suggestions. What are the pros and cons for each of these models?
 
I'd have to give a thunbs up on the DFX or Explorer for depth. You might also like to consider the Tejon which I now leave the DFX in the house. The Sov GT is very nice too, but it is getting heavy even with a neck mount. The GT is the only one I have with a Sunray inline probe and that is VERY nice as it is like a 1" coil with disc too.
 
I owned the GTI 2500 for almost two years. It is a very good detector but really heavy. It is a bit outdated and needs some updating in my opinion. I recommend you go to your local dealer and try them out and heft each one. Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom