Whites V3i . Wow what a detector .

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
White's V3i . Wow what a detector .

Just recently got a White's V3i . Right out of the box, it is just a dream machine . I have put about 20 hrs on it so far and well I wonder why I wasted so much time aquiring one . Lack of funds. This machine sees into the groun and tells you what is there . I would like to tell you a tall tale of record days and crazy finds . All in good time with this baby.
The small amount of time on this bad boy has been fruitful a couple wheat's and a charm that came up in the nickle range . I also am on a four day roll in at least a nickle recovery . Dimes are sniffed out and pounded by this electronic wonder . Pinpoint is so good that my hole size is smaller by a third . Couple that with a Lesch digger and a Garret probe and now I recover twice the amount of coins in half the time and I cover half the space . I have only begun to understand the suface of this machine . Each hour is a joy of learning . I have only been in the coin and jewelry mode search and there are 8 more programs to go . Plus you can input your own if you really get to understand this beast . My goal is to pay for it by snow fall . just a couple goldies will handle that . Happy hunting . Rob :coffee2:

Re: White's V3i . Wow what a detector .

Congradulations on your new detector you will love it. :icon_thumleft: I will tell you it has a pretty big learning curve, but once you tame it, it's a beast :headbang: Check out my last post!
Good luck and happy hunting.
peanut

That V3 is an impressive machine! :thumbsup:

I've had mine for a while now and the learning curve on this thing is HUGE. Of course, it was my first detector too and my inexperience didn't help. White's forum was some help, there is a moderator there who composed a short and sweet version of the manual that helped me alot. Also a couple of members post their favorite program so that you can input it into yours and try it out. My last hunt was 2 weeks ago and I did alot of reading after that and I can't wait to get out and try some adjusted settings. Hopefully today :D

my buddy has one and it just blew me away to watch him with it....will be my choice of upgrade :thumbsup:

I've been pulling many old coins from the city park with my V3i that, until now, only my E-Trac could reach. Now I have the best of both worlds. I detector capable of getting those deep old missed targets out of my hard hit sites, and a detector that just loves the gold.

This detector has features and adjustments that I agree gives you a steep learning curve . To answer how is it under power lines I haven't really tried . However there is so much you can do with this detector that I am sure you can fine tune it for ANY condition . I have been detecting for about 8 yrs now and I imagine in another 8 years I will still be learning this V3i . I have a priz II & IV . I think this will be the last detector I will ever have to buy . If I wasn't hooked before I am now . Most crazy find was a brass short 22 shell at 9". I think if it was at 20 " this beast would have found it. THING WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PEA. crazy HH Rob :coffee2:

Had mine for over a year now and it is true-the learning curve is very steep. However, once you spend the hours in the field, the on the fly adjustments and the different programs for different situations, make for an impressive machine-
Mike, to answer your question, I have only had the EMI problems once and it was around an underground dog fence. A simple tweak in the frequency offset quieted it down though.

Palmetto

I've used mine under power lines with a 5" coil. Was like new territory where no machine has hunted before because of the EMI. Worked like a champ.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back