whites XLT Spectrum settings

NateM

Jun 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm a novice metal detector and I recently purchased a whites xlt. I have used the preset programs thus far and have had good success at parks and schools finding coins and a little jewelry. I have access to a family members property in ny state which is virgin territory and is supposed to go back a few hundred years and was a farm, horse changing station and even had a brothel on it at one time. The ground is really rich and constantly clicks with so much being there. I don't want to destroy the yard, so I am looking for any suggestions on settings to reduce the amount of iron, nails, etc and all the home repair items that have been lost over the years and maybe concentrate on older coins and relic items. I have watched whites video on the unit, but still don't know what to adjust in the pro settings. Any programs for this type of trashy and heavily littered area, would be greatly appreciated. Thank!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the whites XLT forum,you will find much more info there.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Whites has a manual that exactly explains all the settings of the XLT, and there are plenty. What you are looking for is the easy way out. It doesn't exist! If you drop the sensitivity to iron, you drop the sensitivity to gold. If you drop the sensitivity to aluminum, you loose nickels. There is no free ride in detecting. Hay, I have been using the XLT for 14 years. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should strip mine the lots, that is dig all signals,once you get the modern stuff out of the way, you will have access to the older, deeper targets, also you will be more familiar with your machine. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread