Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's XLT Spectrum

I used my Spectrum XLT for 15 years before I got my DFX, and I can say that it was the best detector I've had. I would consider it a great detector to learn on and to keep for many years. Good luck! Niffler

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The Spectrum XLT is a great White classic and will never grow old. You cannot go wrong with this detector.

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I bought my XLT 12 years ago....still use it....only "tector I have......
Good Luck..... :icon_thumleft:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've many machines but the XLT can still hold its own on most land sites (its not the best for wet salt).

The thing is you will need to set it up and optimise it to your needs and the inbuilt programmes are not that good as Whites had to set them up to suit users in many parts of the world. Fine as starting points but to get the best performance you will need to start tweaking.

Don't forget its a four filter design so a faster than usual sweep speed will improve both depth and discrimination....the opposite of what applies with most modern detectors.

OP
OP
coloradogerald
Jul 5, 2010
Aurora, CO
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank You all for your input! I just started reading the manual today and I must say, this thing can do much more than I imagined. Thanks for the tips guys! 8)

BrianLV

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I found so many old coins with the XLT, I constantly found more coins than anyone, even in contests. I would have to say its one of the best older coin detectors around. I use the MXT now and its very similar.

OP
OP
coloradogerald
Jul 5, 2010
Aurora, CO
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the replies guys. With this snow we keep getting here in the Denver area, it has given me time to read up on this old XLT. Can't wait to get out and dig up the yard!

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Try doing a google search for whites xlt custom programs. You'll find a ton of stuff to keep you going for the winter. Good luck. You have a great detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread