who are treasure hunters here in davao city or samal?

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try drilling. with drilling, you can make as many holes as you can. you will get lucky as long as you dont follow the site given by the metal detector.

Yes, drilling is the only sure way to know if you're just above the target. But sadly you must have plenty of money to blow on fixing your machines and replacing drill bits before ever being successful lol.

Last edited:

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
The depth ring is going to throw most of you off. Doesn't matter if only a foot, but 30, 60, 90 ft, that's a long way to miss. Consider that in the field and make sure you are not on a ring. Pickings seem slim in Cebu. Got good signal on other islands. May try working down to Davao. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you mean by depth ring sir? what is a ring? what does it have to do with the depth of the item ? please enlighten us

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you mean by depth ring sir? what is a ring? what does it have to do with the depth of the item ? please enlighten us

I think hes talking about the "halo" signal that goes up encircling the object at a 45 degree angle.

OP
OP
R

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oic... same with the frequency based locator. there is a halo. a 2 feet wide object could become a 4-6 feet wide upstairs or on the ground.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oic... same with the frequency based locator. there is a halo. a 2 feet wide object could become a 4-6 feet wide upstairs or on the ground.

Yes, so the deeper the object the further away from the target location the signal from the halo will be detected. (Theoretically)

OP
OP
R

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. that means you really need a drill to make several holes on a grid line pattern. so in that manner, you will get to hit the object after several tries. you can make 6 holes in 2-3 days.

OP
OP
R

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the deeper the object, the detected object from above becomes smaller in actual size.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Yes, very good. Keep in mind a circle around your target. If you walk in a straight line , there should be 3 indications. At front of circle, on target, and rear of circle.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Well, several things have become apparent here. A lot of these sites have been recovered, and you are chasing an empty hole with killer signs. And not all rocks are markers. The big one is,,, you can't wish a treasure to be there. Remember that there likely was 2 or 3 ways in. I am finding that even though a dig is on a site with no treasure, there is a positive spot within several kilometers. Good luck, be safe, and don't get married to a site.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, several things have become apparent here. A lot of these sites have been recovered, and you are chasing an empty hole with killer signs. And not all rocks are markers. The big one is,,, you can't wish a treasure to be there. Remember that there likely was 2 or 3 ways in. I am finding that even though a dig is on a site with no treasure, there is a positive spot within several kilometers. Good luck, be safe, and don't get married to a site.

if you hit, please give a little Merry Christmas share to a fellow American treasure hunter who has so far failed to bring home the bacon. we have to stick together out here so far from home. feel me? :thumbsup:

good luck.

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Rumor has it that several good recoveries were just made. We'll see.

Dragonasia

Jun 3, 2019
Asia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you give some info on the drilling? What’s the cost?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
may i know who are the treasure hunters here in davao city or samal?

Samal Island is a limestone formation and is underlain by a huge and extensive cavern system. So many nooks and crannies to hide gold.:icon_thumright:

N

NinjaT

Samal Island is a limestone formation and is underlain by a huge and extensive cavern system. So many nooks and crannies to hide gold.:icon_thumright:

Tabu do you know at what depth one might be more likely to hit this cavern system you're referring to?

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tabu do you know at what depth one might be more likely to hit this cavern system you're referring to?

I’m so sorry for not seeming to answer your question sooner. I did attempt to reply twice but somehow my messages didnt get through due to lapses on my part to send them properly according to TreasureNet protocol. Will try again ( for the third time).

tabu

Oct 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I’m so sorry for not seeming to answer your question sooner. I did attempt to reply twice but somehow my messages didnt get through due to lapses on my part to send them properly according to TreasureNet protocol. Will try again ( for the third time).

I haven’t been to Samal Island for quite some time. However, a friend of mine and his treasure hunting buddies went there not too long ago to dig on the southern tip of the island. They were acting on a landowner’s tip that a couple of Japanese went to a particular area in his farm apparently searching for WWII-era signs and landmarks. At the same time they also heard of stories about wartime witnesses who saw Japanese soldiers digging a tunnel and carrying heavy boxes which were subsequently stored within. Based on signs they found, my friend and his group attempted to dig a hole wide enough for two individuals to work on by shifts. Upon reaching a depth of 30 feet or so, they were intrigued by the presence of insects- - millipedes crawling out of the tiny crevices in the moist wall. Moreover, each time they worked on the floor pounding on their stone chisels with sledge hammers, distinct echoes can be heard leading the group to suspect that they were on the roof or ceiling of a very big void possibly a cavern or a cavern system that has not been previously explored or mapped out. Falling through the ceiling accidentally was a distinct possibility. Hence, the operation was halted albeit temporarily. It may be recalled that Samal is a massive roughly dome-shaped limestone formation and therefore the existence of cavernous voids would hardly be surprising. Personally, I suspect the Japanese tunneled through the massive limestone at some point and gained access to such a cavern system where they hid their loot most likely Yamashita gold. The entrance of the tunnel would have been obliterated by explosives after the concealment of the loot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread