What's new

who are you?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure it would be nice to "meet"
everyone... since we are more than just avatars and forum names.
Only if you want of course.
Happy hunting.

IMG2393-1-1.webp



ForumRunner_20130724_212329.webp



IMG_8898-1-enhanced.webp



ForumRunner_20130724_212743.webp
 
Good idea. Great Cobia Gatorboy!

I'm Jessica. I am a teacher, lepidopterist, adventurer, dowser, native gardener, fossil hunter, angler, dork/geek, golfer, kayaker, treasure hunter, former volleyball athlete, life long learner, mother, and wife. I don't have much to offer yet on knowledge of geology, but you can count on goofy posts, questions, and encouragement for others. I'm not in it to become rich or famous, but rather to learn something new to expand my knowledge to share with my students. Teaching is my God given talent. Famous would be fun, for about 15 minutes though! I believe I have had my 15 minutes...so anything above that I am doing well!

image-134150966.webp

image-1016356471.webp

image-3710608445.webp

image-2317083122.webp

image-2942798105.webp

Does life get any better than having a boy that looks at you like that??

image-4144716142.webp

My first ever redfish.

My two photos that made the Florida Sportsman mag.

image-4259457693.webp

image-1746558915.webp

Random

image-832755934.webp

image-739995645.webp

image-306550438.webp
 

Attachments

  • image-1707052499.webp
    image-1707052499.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1451053368.webp
    image-1451053368.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3358021474.webp
    image-3358021474.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Great post Jessica!
I'm glad your first redfish was a slot fish.. would have been a bummer if it was over and you had to put it back.
That mutton snapper is my favorite fish to eat next to cobia.
By the way..my name is Bill..William..Will... Whatever just don't call me late for dinner!
 
I thought a few folks would introduce themselves at least.
It went well in the Native American artifacts forum.
 
Welcome gatorboy. I'm from the USA and currently in vietnam for some time.
 
Welcome.

Hello from Vung Tau, Vietnam.
 

Attachments

  • vung tau august 093.webp
    vung tau august 093.webp
    837.6 KB · Views: 116
Gator Boy! Nice COBE! I see you are in the white dirt area, may I inquire as to what part? I still have my home in Destin area! Give me a shout!! VERDE!!
 
Gator Boy! Nice COBE! I see you are in the white dirt area, may I inquire as to what part? I still have my home in Destin area! Give me a shout!! VERDE!!

I'm on the Treasure Coast.
Love that white dirt!
 
Dang Buddy! You need to gather up your mask and head to Sebastian Inlet! Hear they are picking up Goldie's off the bottom by the handfuls!! VERDE!!
 
LOL. I know! I found a nice silver cob recently and some others and different 1715 fleet artifacts over here.
Over 3,000 gold coins were found just off the Beach at my favorite spot.
 
Last edited:
Hello Jessicamae3!! Neat pictures!! Obviously you are pulling a sidescan radar unit over the stern of the boat for BIG TREASURE hits!! LOL!! Thanks for the posts!! VERDE!!
 
Gator Boy!! Yea, would really be nice to stumble upon the ballast of just one of those old Galleons lying in knee deep water!! Wonder how long you would be able to keep quiet!! One of my best Marlin fishing buddies lives at Port St Lucie!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
This is a friend of mine Who lives in Port St Lucie.
Also.. I know right where Several ballast piles are unfortunately they are all under contract.
.... well...all but one..Hehe.

CAM00060.webp

Maybe I should throw in some fossil pictures so this thread doesn't get booted..LOL.

ForumRunner_20130729_195319.webp

Some horse teeth

ForumRunner_20130729_195530.webp

Tip of Mammoth tusk

ForumRunner_20130729_195830.webp
Section of Camel femur.
 
Very cool! Nice to have friends so close to each other to go hunting! I have worn out my family...they have had all the rocks, sand, and heat they can take! I have simply begun carrying protective weapons but hate always looking over my shoulder.

I have yet to find any "colorful" fossils but have found some fossils...
Posting so I do NOT get booted!
:)



image-4100914492.webp
This was found just off yankeetown on the barrier islands. First island is way way picked over. Then again with all the trash campers "forgot"to take with them leads me to believe they took the echinoids and ran out of room for their trash.


image-193902689.webp



image-2613006834.webp



image-1490514400.webp

These were found in dry sand on what would be considered florida scrub along a power line easement where many corals, crystallized coral, and shell fossils abound.
I have also done some metal detecting in this area that is used only by 4 wheelers...so.much.trash! Cans, wire, cans, wire, cans, huge oil drip pan, wire, cans...gave up. I have found old wheats lying on surface only. Dug a 1995 penny. Ha! So, needless to say I take my small shovel and dig sand looking for treasures left behind millions of years ago!
 
Hey I'm Branden. Mountain biker, survivalist, teacher, search and rescue team member, former Marine infantry, special education teacher, father and husband. Pics below
 

Attachments

  • image-3439406756.webp
    image-3439406756.webp
    130.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3212883168.webp
    image-3212883168.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 105
Hi Branden,, thanks for the snake heart attack!!

:)

My three biggest fears: snakes, gators, and sharks.

Healthy fear...I would never hold a snake like that...or any other way!
Nice to put a name to a face and meet another teacher!
*spelling correction
 
GatorBoy!! SUPER BLUE FIN!! Nice perch!! Neat Fossils to!! I didn't know they had camels on the treasure coast?? He He!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
Hey bcruzin!! Nice treasure you have on your shoulders!! By the way, how did the snake taste, being an ole Jar Head?? GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom