What's new

Who has found the most rare penny here?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys,

Who has found the most rare penny in this forum?

DW
 
Upvote 0
i wish i'd found my avatar.

11-s is the best i've ever dug up decting. 300 yards from my 2004-built home.
i know that won't win, place or show in this contest.
 
i believe that was me who found 30 boxes of the 2009-p first design when they where going for 300+ a box
 
I've got two 1909s (no vdb) and this beauty I just found last Sunday (very rare).
 

Attachments

  • DSC02468.webp
    DSC02468.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC02469.webp
    DSC02469.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 618
I found a 1920 D wheatie CRH'ing that was MS-60 brown and sold it in an auction for $10.50.
 
My wife found a 1901 IH CRHing the other day. I know it's not rare, but we like it. :)
 
I'm pretty sure Shake N Bake found 2 flying eagles earlier this year.

Mojo
 
best penny find digging is an 11-s in poor condition
and in circulation find is a 10-s in low MS brown condition (little color though)
 
Yeah, I'd like to hear Mr. Bake's input on this one.
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Yeah, I'd like to hear Mr. Bake's input on this one.

OK, Here goes! :icon_sunny: If we are talking rare as in the lowest mintage, my best "rare" penny that I found was:
1914D - mintage 1.193 million
then the 1909S is next with 1.825 million made.

**But if we are talking rarest as hardest to find then I would have to say my two Flying Eagles would be the rarest 1858's with a mintage of 24.6 million.

Also I am not sure who but in the past I do remember someone finding a large cent, I think that would be the rarest penny found on this forum...


It is kinda nice to be known on here as the PENNY GURU!!! I guess my 2.2 million pennies searched in four months helps that title ;D

Start counting down My box orders are starting on Sept 10th, Just a small order of 50 boxes :hello2: Get your Wheats now while they are still out there. I will be ordering 100 boxes per week for a few months.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
I found an 1983 Double Die reverse in AU condition about 5 months ago. It should easily sell for 200+ on Ebay.

Semper Fi
 
Oldest I have found was 1906 British Cent in a Roll of Half dollars, there was a 1917 & 1960 in there too.
 
I think GMan is in the running with is 1992-D close AM variety
 
ugotit has made the most profit on pennies, SNB has made the best finds (2 flying eagles). :headbang:
 
My rarest penny found was back almost 20 years ago.. I found an 1875 Indian Head Cent in a roll. I have only found 1 other since then. In 2007, a 1905 Indian.
HH Silvergold
 
1 1909 s vdb in Very good condition while detecting at a school yard.
 
I would have to say two flying eagles by Shake is the most outstanding find. To have lighting strike twice in the same day is beyond amaizing. Hats off Shake.

A distant second would be IFY'S splendid historical chewed up artifact. :D

Golden Silver
 
I have a '99 Wide AM. I'm trying to figure out the population, but I'm hearing there are only hundreds known.

I found an 1883 or 88 IHP earlier this year (last digit is super light). It's almost slick on the obverse.

JasonB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom