What's new

Who is this lady in the woods on my buttons?

Kevo_DFX

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I found the first button (on left) over a year ago. I knew there was an image on it, but it was like looking at clouds. Yesterday, on the same site, I found the button on the right. A mysterious hooded lady in the woods appeared after a light toothbrushing.

The back is missing on both buttons.

womanbuttons-1.jpg


Any idea on time frame or any other information?

I really like these. Neat little things, huh?

Thanks for looking,
Kevo
 
:laughing9:

Oh Grandma what big teeth you have :laughing9:... :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Madonna_Bonz.webp
    Madonna_Bonz.webp
    53 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
Noticed the button on worthpoint is not an exact match.

Maybe this Madonna design is based on some known artwork :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I'll mark this as solved fellas. I'm happy with the images posted. I do think the buttons are earlier than earlier 1900's. I was thinking mid-19th century. Better people than me have been wrong though.

Thanks!
Kevo
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom