What's new

Who is Timothy Zink?

Armchair detective

Sr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2024
Messages
440
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
In 1768 Timothy buys lot 19, next to 18 the MP lot.
In 1769 dated by dendrochronology someone builds the U structure on lot 19.

It's been speculated that this structure was a dock, but equally possible it could be a barrier to protect an open pit mine or a shaft.

Is there a connection between this and MP activity?
 
To make a note.

The slipway was built 1771.

Somebody should talk to the Zink family ( who are still around), and see if it can be figured out what that rascal Timothy was up to.

What struck me from viewing the COOI footage from season 6 is that water kept flowing OUT of a possible flood tunnel. Makes me wonder if the U structure was built as a catch basin for fresh water.
 
Another tidbit. The u structure is ONLY 1 log high, about 24" diameter, braced against the LANDWARD side.

????
 
To make a note.

The slipway was built 1771.

Somebody should talk to the Zink family ( who are still around), and see if it can be figured out what that rascal Timothy was up to.

What struck me from viewing the COOI footage from season 6 is that water kept flowing OUT of a possible flood tunnel. Makes me wonder if the U structure was built as a catch basin for fresh water.
The U structure has been proven to be a common wharf structure and nothing more.

If you look in this forum you will see where I posted a letter from Robert Dunfield where he stated that throughout all of his extensive digging, he found zero evidence of the fictional flood tunnels.
 
Lets assume for a minute they were there at some point. With all the digging over the years you wouldn't know you found them even if you did. Just as he didn't say anything about finding coconut fibers in stone troughs used for salt mining either in that exact same area,.. As some people think it was used for...
 
The baffling thing is the way it is structured - to enclose an effect from the land side to protect something on the seaward side. Why do that?

I will review the Dunfield letter to see if it will shed any light on this matter.
 
Nope.
(Thread "Where was Robert Dunfield's big dig..."
post #19).

It does raise other questions however.
 
Nope.
(Thread "Where was Robert Dunfield's big dig..."
post #19).

It does raise other questions however.

Dunfield Letter.webp


Even with empirical evidence from someone who ACTUALLY excavated at oak island, the fiction believers still persist.
 
Oh now I see.

I was looking to see if Dunfield figured out what it WAS for, and your information points out what he said it WASN'T for....

Not as conclusive as I hoped,.but something.

Need .more. I sure would like to know how high it was versus the tide line.
 
Oh now I see.

I was looking to see if Dunfield figured out what it WAS for, and your information points out what he said it WASN'T for....

Not as conclusive as I hoped,.but something.

Need .more. I sure would like to know how high it was versus the tide line.
 

Attachments

  • Dunfield Illustration.webp
    Dunfield Illustration.webp
    165.7 KB · Views: 55
The reason I wanted to know is this was obviously the position it was left in when people left the whatever it was for the last time, and it was left there after a loading operation. There might be a way to determine the ship size that was loaded.
 
The reason I wanted to know is this was obviously the position it was left in when people left the whatever it was for the last time, and it was left there after a loading operation. There might be a way to determine the ship size that was loaded.
Im not sure what you are looking for. Dunfield was not digging at the MP. He dug next to it looking for flood tunnels. He was lowered in the bucket of the crane from top to bottom of his dig and didn't see any evidence of tunnels.
 
I see I slipped a cog in my explanations.

I was looking at the slipway built in 1771 (dendrochronology) , platform left in that position. What clues could be deduced from this? (I am playing with the idea that a mining operation would need to ship ore).

Some of the Dunfield info is misleading.
IMO looking exclusively only at the aerial photo of the Dunfield excavation, the topmost hole was NOT the MP, but was really the Cave In pit, and his 100 ft hole was next to that. The MP shaft was/is over the hill and to the right out of frame.

Tunnels, mine shafts, shipping containers, loading facilities are all part of my fantasy solution to the mystery of Oak Island.
 
Back to the u thing...

Most interesting guess is it really is a terrace thing to keep soil from slipping down to the sea while trying to farm it. There was/is some kind of water outflow right there, probably making that soil particularly mushy.

A fun guess is it is an ancient attraction for the "Oak Island Theme Park", and there are more to dig up, maybe..
"PIRATES OF HALIFAX BAY", or
"ITS A SMALL TREASURE AFTER ALL".
 
"Hello. My name is Armchair. I am an oak island addict."

"Hello, Armchair."

"It started simply enough. I first read about it in that Reader's Digest article, and thought 'wow, this is neat'".

"The first taste is free, right?"

"The more I heard and learned, the deeper the mystery, and the deeper I was hooked."
"Who did this? What happened here?"

"Concerned friends would tell me 'Do Other ,Things', 'Get a Life'. Eventually friends became unimportant."

"I was trapped. I always wanted to get one more new thing. I NEEDED it."

"Still i believed I could quit anytime."

"Finally I hit bottom. What did I have, really? Scraps of legend, a fact here and there, my illusion I could solve this with my resources."

"So I looked at myself, and said 'i am better than this', and slowly started to believe it."

"I accepted the truth"

"I packed away the boxes, printouts, jotted notes.
Reconnected with friends".

"Caught a 10 pound bass".

"I am recovering and will make it, but...

"Oh, for..

"One..

"More..

"Taste."

(In no way am I mocking the efforts of those organizations dedicated to kicking addictions -
Respect.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom