Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you found it...kept it quiet..then filed a claim for mineral rights..then,"found"it..bam,you would be the proud owner.any other way and forget it if on public land.

OP
OP
S

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think mineral rights to those lands is already taken.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
most mining claims are invalid.people get excited,file a claim and then fail to keep it valid for several reasons.blm and forestry land is still claimable and an old claim marker doesnt mean it is a valid claim

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the taxman and government and lawyers, who ever had the better lawyer may get a small part.
Another reason to keep your mouth shut!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep it quiet and too yourself. Maybe film and get a million pics for later folks to see. It would be hard to keep quiet but that's what you'd need to do. Sell it off little by little... put under pillow. Maybe keep a diary dedicated to the find and it's contents. But if you want attention you know how to get it.... RIGHT!!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever is intelligent enough to keep their mouth shut! It always amazes me that people just can't resist blabbing these things to everybody. I hope you guys don't think less of me for saying this but if I ever find something worth millions of dollars.... You won't see it in big bold letters on public forums or in the newspaper. You are just asking for lots of issues. Take care of the property owner or whoever deserves a cut and go about your business. Yes it would be hard because it would be so exciting and you'd want to tell people about your incredible find, but think about this for a minute....bragging rights or millions of dollars and a new yacht? Ok it was hard but I think I know my answer :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread