niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st time out this season...luckily the ice on the lake was melted enough to swing my detector. 5 rings, stainless CTR Mormon ring, 2 tungsten bands, tiny aluminum band, and small thick silver band. Also a spider pendant, no chain. I need to find an older place, hate the tungsten rings that by rights should be gold :BangHead: Also got a handful of crusty change and the usual eyeglasses, pulltabs, bottlecaps, foil, and deeply buried aluminum cans. HH

Resized_20200307_151453.jpg

Upvote 0
When the price of Gold spiked years ago, so did the sales of Stainless &Tungsten rings. Flat out deflated everyone. So the guy who loses a Tungsten ring, is he a big Cheepo or Brilliant for saving around a Thousand$ or more on his ring.

I'd rather find tungsten carbide rings than no rings at all......

I'd rather find tungsten carbide rings than no rings at all......
I agree, but the excitement is short lived when you first see them in the scoop.

Good advice, and I get the point...I'll quit whining. Just had to vent about tungsten rings.
I didn't mean to yell - I had my cap lock on at work (we do everything in caps to make reading easier)
I didn't infer that you were whining - I agree - rather they were of precious metal
though ive hunted with a few guys that would've complained if they were silver too :tongue3:
they only want gold

At one time I had a nice collection of SS, and all of the others. But I did what Casper said and went looking for old beach's. Took me several years of research but it has paid off. Now rarely do I find any of the new age metal rings. Maybe one a year..

Gold filled rings are the ones I hate

How did it become ok to wear junk metal to represent your love?...wedding band is precious metal or it don't count.

Yap, I snagged a Tungsten black band yesterday; but a ring is a ring and always better than a coin. Congrats on a 5 ring day...I've had some 5 coin days in the water of later, soooo. Looking good.

7 out of 10 gold ring finds for me were men's bands...tungsten and stainless put a hurting on my gold finds.��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back