What's new

Why cant find a soild coin?

john glassman

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Messages
708
Reaction score
1,120
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back early morning decting and found some artfact or rusted stuff . I found a another melted piece of silver I supected it was silver coin at one time a big coin and found odd shape piece looks like a horse bridal, I put some olive oil looks some gold gilt on it.
 

Attachments

  • 1430229302508.webp
    1430229302508.webp
    164.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 1430229324121.webp
    1430229324121.webp
    133.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 1430229358590.webp
    1430229358590.webp
    137.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 1430229375140.webp
    1430229375140.webp
    185.7 KB · Views: 159
  • 1430229400497.webp
    1430229400497.webp
    186 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 14
Maybe someone cherry picked that spot, or there just aren't any coins at that location where you have swung your coil.
 
I see the harmonica reed, that's a good sign. There should be some old coins around there. If that glob is silver, it could be a melted coin. Weigh the glob, if it weighs the same as a half or silver dollar, then mystery solved. Probably a house fire or something along that line. GL!
 
The last yard we hit I thought would be loaded with silver, only 2 silver dimes. We found old yards in town usually have better finds then old yards out in the country.
I see an old buckle in the pile too.
 
They have had MD's for a long time. Someone probably beat you too it! :) Keep swingin
 
Dig my man like no tomorrow, hope you find what you are looking for.vanzutphen
 
Nice finds! I'm sure there's at lest a coin or two there for ya!
 
I found 2 barbers, an 1889 seated dime, and 3-4 indians at a site that I found harmonica reeds at, keep an open mind! There may be some goods there
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom