Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've actually wondered this since my Deus I but never asked. Why do we need decimal values for discrimination when TID values are integers? I see that on the Deus II, even some of the presets have a 0.1 difference in discrimination from certain other programs... why? What advantage can 0.1 really give?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was made in France so those differences might be something that is needed for some of the targets over there and instead of making a different unit for other countries they just ship out the same worldwide. Just a thought might not be the reason though.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was made in France so those differences might be something that is needed for some of the targets over there and instead of making a different unit for other countries they just ship out the same worldwide. Just a thought might not be the reason though.
Thanks for the reply. My point, though, is that the TIDs don't give that degree of precision, so why should discrimination values. This would be equally true in any part of the world.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question for sure.......maybe the .1 increments of disc. has something to do with blocking the frequency levels in the tones......no idea, just a guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread