What's new

Why do you all re-roll your dumps?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Chase bank, my first 2 boxes of nickels I check and re rolled and took them back to the bank. The teller asked if I could help him bust the rolls open so they could go through the coin counter. I thought they would just weigh the boxes to see if they were correct... Re rolling was a huge waist of my time. After the first 2 boxes I haven't re-rolled anything, and my other banks just take my coin bags and dump them into the counter without saying a word. I figure all the banks just send off their loose coins to be counted by brinks or dunbar. So I may get some of the same coins again, but if all the banks in Chicago send in all of their change, I doubt I will get the same coins that often as they will all be mixed togeather and re-rolled.

I also get boxes from Bank of America & TCF, they take my bags of change too and never say anything about it.

I was just wondering.
 
Upvote 0
For me, I live in a rural area and the coin machines here take a long time to count them and often are jammed. The bank i dump at like to see them rolled and it is a quick transaction

HH
-GC
 
Some I dump in machines. Some I dump in rolls. Some I dump in bags the bank gives me. Now and then I get something I keep...LOL
 
my banks all want them loose.
 
All of mine get dumped loose into a coin counter. The bank won't even take wrapped coin
 
The reason some people re roll is because they have to. Not every bank has coin counters. I personally like to visit the banks that take rolled coin because that is how I usually find the best stuff. One bank I visit has to wait till they get enough rolls, then open them and bag them. They like me coming around because I will buy the rolls and they don't have to bag them. I don't bring them back so they don't care I don't have an account.

Happy Hunting!
 
I cant find a stupid bank in san francisco that has a free coin roller...(even one thats free for customers!)
 
My dump banks do not have coin machines, so I have to re-roll them to turn them in.
 
I reroll because I like rerolling.

It's rare that I can open a new box and finish it in one sitting. Some times it takes me 3 or 4 days to get through a box. That being the case I like rerolling as I go. I have the rolls which I haven't sorted through in one box. The rolls I have searched through in another box. The coins I'm using as spares on my table in front of me.

I take a roll out of the box, open it, search it, take out the keepers, replace with spares, reroll it, place it in the return box.

Keeps the desk clean and easy to pick up if I get distracted.

(Also my bank likes having coins returned rolled)
 
springcypress said:
I reroll because I like rerolling.

It's rare that I can open a new box and finish it in one sitting. Some times it takes me 3 or 4 days to get through a box. That being the case I like rerolling as I go. I have the rolls which I haven't sorted through in one box. The rolls I have searched through in another box. The coins I'm using as spares on my table in front of me.

I take a roll out of the box, open it, search it, take out the keepers, replace with spares, reroll it, place it in the return box.

Keeps the desk clean and easy to pick up if I get distracted.

(Also my bank likes having coins returned rolled)

So your the guy....Grrrrrrr

Mojo
 
johloh said:
I cant find a stupid bank in san francisco that has a free coin roller...(even one thats free for customers!)
Your not looking hard enough.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom