What's new

Why give up MD in the winter?

whispers said:
You guys are whacked .Given the first 2 years i had md'tr I didn't want to give up....when the leafs get crispy I'm in the local history books, call me a wus but .sometimes it's nice dreamin about spring when the grass is all flat in the fields. And ,well call me a wus..
I agree with you for sure....
 
LOL, Nobody said we don't do research or plan and dream about spring. Most of us spend all the snow covered months DREAMING of spring!
Mark
 
Typically since the winters are "mild" in central Va., you can still hunt through the frost unless we' ve had a week or more of below 20 degree weather. A nice benefit of living in an area with a mild winter.

I know a feller who found a half disme during a February around here he sold it for 10k USD. He let me know that freezing sometimes causes objects in the freezeline to move close to the surface. Makes sense to me.

Winter also make great HOMEWORK and or RESEARCH time. I'm a pretty sure most dedicated hunters may know this. If'n not then start sharpenin yer pencils to "home school" yourself to git dem hunting sites...I am a true believer in research.
Just be social because many of them home school children have social problems being sheltered and all. My sis still doesn't get this!

Well Happy Fall and happy homeworkin'!!!

c.r.
 
As long as I can travel and dig the dirt, I am hunting, but there are about 3 months of the winter where the ground is so hard, and the snow so deep, that hunting is darn near impossible...This is when I hit the mall snow banks and such...There is never a place that I will not hunt if it is legal, and never a shortage of places or times to hunt...


HH,

LandStar
 
I guess nobody from the South wanted to post in this thread cause you guys would throw snowballs. :) Here in Bama the relic hunting season just gets started here in the October/November timeframe and goes all winter. But, to be fair when you guys are out hunting in the summertime, its just too dang hot to hunt down here.
 
I am from the south. I do most of my research in the summer and the fall, winter and spring months are for metal detecting. I hate hunting in the summer because it's too hot, too many chiggers and ticks. I like it when it cools down and as long as the ground doesn't freeze we are good. Winter the ground is much easier to dig in as well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom