Why Has Tnet Traffic Slowed Down So Much?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally do not have a Fakebook account nor do I want one. That is a large problem with the world today that stupid social media drama pit. Why in the world do people see a need to show endless pictures, posts, and every facet of their lives all day and night long? Simply makes no sense to me. Are they so sad and lonely they need it or are they simply so full of themselves they feel a need to show how great they think they are to everyone else? *shrugs* don't care.
I like coming here the WAY IT IS. This is a SOLID, DEPENDABLE way to speak to others who are of similar thought process. We are here to have fun and escape the drama and BS around us every day that tries so hard to invade out lives and privacy. We are freely giving our time, thoughts, and feelings in an environment we feel comfortable enough to do so in. It's our choice! If we wanted to go somewhere else or in another format we can and would. For me personally this is still a great forum and one I find myself checking all the time. I hope it does NOT change or try to be "more hip" and "relevant". It's relevant to people now and will continue to be.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

No changes are forcast other than occasional software up dates from time to time as needed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be breaking the rules to answer that question realistically. Suffice it to say the decline will continue here as long as TNet is stuck in the internet as it was 10 years ago. Stuff changes, adapt or fail.
Your welcome to start your own website.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally do not have a Fakebook account nor do I want one. That is a large problem with the world today that stupid social media drama pit. Why in the world do people see a need to show endless pictures, posts, and every facet of their lives all day and night long? Simply makes no sense to me. Are they so sad and lonely they need it or are they simply so full of themselves they feel a need to show how great they think they are to everyone else?
Have you not seen The Social Network?

Yes, those and more. Some are running businesses.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have learned a lot from T-net, from metal detecting to fossil and point hunting. I don’t have facebook or other social media account. I’ve noticed that facebook has killed the local for sale ad sites as well, specially buying and selling any used firearms.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One only has to look at the dates when the person last posted.
There's a large amount of folks that have posted 2020-on ward.
Folks that had slight medical issues got hit hard.
To ignore it is just a tad bit of denial.
Just on the chat forum we've lost a few.😒

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This website was launched in 1995, that's 29 years ago, that's the same time difference between the year 1895 and 1924. Imagine how different the world of 1895 was to the world of 1924. Think of the cowboy era and the flapper era. Went from whale oil lamps, gunslinging, and cattle rustling to motor cars, electricity, and radio. We have gone through the same type of transition. In 1995 we had no smartphones, no wifi, no Tik-tok, all we had was landlines, newspapers, and a dialup modem if we were lucky.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This website was launched in 1995, that's 29 years ago, that's the same time difference between the year 1895 and 1924. Imagine how different the world of 1895 was to the world of 1924. Think of the cowboy era and the flapper era. Went from whale oil lamps, gunslinging, and cattle rustling to motor cars, electricity, and radio. We have gone through the same type of transition. In 1995 we had no smartphones, no wifi, no Tik-tok, all we had was landlines, newspapers, and a dialup modem if we were lucky.
c5a6e8f32b73d118.jpeg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Something I've noticed with just this one post. Back in the day we didn't have all of the sarcasm, bad attitudes, unnecessary "sheep blood" type comments, etc. Everyone was respectful, even when of different opinions. So maybe all of that has something to do with it as it's sort of turnoff.
I’m not woke, not trendy, not overly concerned if I say “thank you sir” to a woman (accidentally), I still hold doors open for anyone, I chew with my mouth closed and say excuse me if I belch. Some things are socially responsible and some are absolutely ridiculous; i.e. College Safe Zones.
The beautiful thing is this: I get to decide which I plan to implement in my world.
If you disagree, well I’m fine with that.
I wasn’t trying to team up with you anyway. I respect your opinion, even though I don’t agree with it. Years ago, I learned that everyone doesn’t think like me. I hope you learn this also. Have a great evening.👍🏼

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take is that some of the younger generation. Doesn't appreciate history, or provenance of the past. Either they aren't taught it or just don't care. It's kind of sad. When I hit thrift stores I see so many once treasured items that were discarded as trash probably by inheritors of the estate. Coins back in the day were majestic, and works of art, now they are pot metal junk. Instant gratification is the state of this world now sadly, but sites like this make me smile. Bless this community.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this doesn't get me in trouble but it's a verse to live by. I've learned so much on this site just by listening and watching.

[COLOR=var(--c-gray-1400)]James 1:19 (NIV)[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=var(--c-gray-600)]“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.”[/COLOR]

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm a more frequent poster, I used to just lurk and drool on your finds. I still don't own a MD maybe one day, but I do thrift stores, and some coin rolls occasionally. This site rocks!
I’m not woke, not trendy, not overly concerned if I say “thank you sir” to a woman (accidentally), I still hold doors open for anyone, I chew with my mouth closed and say excuse me if I belch. Some things are socially responsible and some are absolutely ridiculous; i.e. College Safe Zones.
The beautiful thing is this: I get to decide which I plan to implement in my world.
If you disagree, well I’m fine with that.
I wasn’t trying to team up with you anyway. I respect your opinion, even though I don’t agree with it. Years ago, I learned that everyone doesn’t think like me. I hope you learn this also. Have a great evening.👍🏼
Team up?....lol

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted regularly in quite some time , mostly because I haven't been able to get out detecting in quite a while and also am pretty busy a lot of time so regrettably not able to look at others finds much either. Hoping to make it on here and post more now I'm not quite as busy

Last edited:

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had a party line when I was young.
Same here. My mother had the last party line in the county; she fought to hang on to it for years.

We also had (until the phone company took it away) a METAL phone.

Our first house was a former painted lady, ca. 1900. We picked up one of those dial-converted brass candlestick phones that fit nicely in that house, and used it for years. Then the phone company (again) took away the ability to use dial phones. 😡

Now I hear dial phones are making a comeback. Must be digital somehow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread