WHY?

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
That topic had gotten wedged into one of the Internets Tubes and was slowing down the flow of Bits...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
Why pull a post when I reply to it in a respectful way?

What you think was respectful the moderators didn't think so so it was deleted. I've had many posts deleted or changed in wording too. Sometimes it is necessary.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had posts deleted, if I stated the main cause of them being deleted, this post would be deleted also. Deleting a post is one thing, changing the content is just wrong on so many levels Sandman.

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
GibH said:
I've had posts deleted, if I stated the main cause of them being deleted, this post would be deleted also. Deleting a post is one thing, changing the content is just wrong on so many levels Sandman.

I agree and that is why I do not post here as often as I used to. Moderation is one thing but political or other bias is another.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dman said:
Why pull a post when I reply to it in a respectful way?

I just looked all the way back to
Jul 18, 2009, 06:35:55 PM

Only one of your Posts was Pulled
& That was because the Whole Thread
was pulled by the original poster. on or about
Sep 06, 2009

Perhaps What you Thought was posted
Wasn't ? ??? I Have Personally Expierenced such Glitches
While Posting the Exact Second Somone else did & Theirs took
Priority.

As for TERMS OF USE

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

http://www.treasurenet.com/terms/

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ban me if you wish, but modifying the words of a post and attributing those words to another borders on libel.

As I said, you are well within your rights to censor this forum as you see fit, you are NOT within your rights to attribute opinions or recommendations to me.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
if you don't like the way things operate on TNET maybe you should find someplace else to post
everyone that posts here should know, you don't own this site
treat everyone, the way you want to be treated

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
if you don't like the way things operate on TNET maybe you should find someplace else to post
everyone that posts here should know, you don't own this site
treat everyone, the way you want to be treated

Maybe a little Harsh :D But ...

Very Well Put :coffee2:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
Well ban me if you wish, but modifying the words of a post and attributing those words to another borders on libel.

As I said, you are well within your rights to censor this forum as you see fit, you are NOT within your rights to attribute opinions or recommendations to me.

as For this Huh ?

are NOT within your rights to attribute opinions or recommendations to me.

Maybe you Could PM me and Explain ?

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
sorry Jeff, i just get tired of people whining about it, like they should be treated special or something
I didn't mean to sound harsh, I just am not very good at sugar coating things

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in Dman's Case I Think he mistakingly took for
Granted His post was Deleted.

modifying the words of a post
and attributing those words to another,
completely confuses me. unless I'm
taking it the wrong way

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
As for TERMS OF USE

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

I was replying to Sandman about his having wording changed in a post. You posted the TOS which states you have the right to modify any post, that part bolded. I agree with the TOS that you may censor any post, that is a necessary function of moderation. I disagree that you have a right to change the wording in a post.

I merely stated my opinion.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
jeff of pa said:
As for TERMS OF USE

I was replying to Sandman about his having wording changed in a post. You posted the TOS which states you have the right to modify any post, that part bolded. I agree with the TOS that you may censor any post, that is a necessary function of moderation. I disagree that you have a right to change the wording in a post.

I merely stated my opinion.

I am Not going to get into an
Online Argument

But , What you said above

"attributing those words to another"

Has Nothing to do with What your speaking Of

B

BIG61AL

don't take it personal. Posts get deleted all the time. Mostly its in a political or religious topic. People have their own set in stone opinion and everyone that doesn't agree is seen as an idiot. I've seen some racist or bigoted stuff on the site. I used to respond but now if I see that they are being rude with their comments I just hit the ignore button so I don't have to read the dribble.
I used to get a lot of replies and looks to my posts but now when I start a post I may get 4 or 5 comments. I can only believe that has changed because I challenged bigotry and I am on a whole bunch of posters "ignore" button. Good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread