What's new

Wife and I got invited to a killer property

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a friend of mine call me up the other day. He told me he had just purchased a new property and that it had an 1800s cabin on it. He said that he had heard that we were into metal detecting and since he was curious about the history of the property he wanted to know if Amanda and I wanted to come over and show him and his wife how to detect. I told him to send me the address of the property so I could look at my maps and just do some research in general. He sent me the address and within 10 minutes I knew it was going to be a great piece of ground.
The cabin was showing up as far back as the 1840s and it was literally one mile from a civil war battle site.
So we scheduled a day to meet up and I brought both AT Pros. We detected from 1 until about 730. We started digging civil war stuff nearly immediately and I watched on of my bucketlisters get eyeballed on top of some freshly disturbed dirt.
It was an incredible hunt and I can't wait to go back.
Oh yeah, and my wife is getting a little too good with the Garrett. I'm going to have to start leaving her at the house haha.
Anyways, hope you enjoy the video.
I will post pictures shortly after uploading this post in the comments.

https://youtu.be/HDD1ssuuz8w


pinpointing chimney.webp
at pro chimney.webp
fired bullet.webp
conf bullet dropped.webp
butt plate.webp
zbah.webp
clean up.webp
amanda pounded bullet.webp
Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
tn_outstanding.gif
OUTSTANDING!
 
Great stuff! can you tell me why you are checking the chimney? My brother has a 1683 farm house, and there are eight fireplaces in it. I'm just curious. Thanks and congrats on an awesome hunt. -Lisa & John
 
Sweet location. Can't wait to see what comes out next
 
If you start pulling colonial coins or civil war belt plates,, you're going to have to hold MD classes for the owners. lol
Very nice outing. Wishing you continued good luck.
Congrats
 
Nice finds and vid dhh . Not to be offensive man , but your wife hot bro.. you lucky dog;).. happy hunting you guys..
 
Nice video and finds. Minarchists unite!
 
Nice video and finds. Minarchists unite!
Thanks man! And yes, I wished there were more of us.

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour
 
What a great opportunity! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom