What's new

Wife surprises me with Sovereign GT purchase!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
9,510
Reaction score
11,223
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Elite Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to my wife, this morning, with "what she thought of me buying another detector"? I told her I really wanted a Sovereign GT before they were all gone!
She said sure no problem!:thumbsup:
This was the first time I ran it by her first before buying and it was the least stressful!
So I wet to the phone and called Bart and he lined me up with a great deal on a Sov. GT and while I had him on the phone ordered the GG Headphones.
Thank you my awesome wife! Hands down my best find in life!
 
Upvote 0
My favorite all around machine ever, so much in fact I bought 2 of them when the were "all gone" the second time. Congrats on getting your GT! I would put switch boots and the hip mount bag on first thing to protect your investment!
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the GT! Your wife knows whats shes doing, Just keep the rings comin! :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
lucky you --now find her some jewelry ...
 
I'm happy for you, RustyGold!:hello2:

You will surely enjoy detecting with the GT:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Thank you Lorraine for the kind words!
 
What if she said no?
 
GL and HH with the GT RustyGold. I love my GT! Get a set of boots for her @ digi-key.com
 
What if she said no?

I would have cried like a baby :crybaby2: until she said yes!:laughing7:

Fortunately I haven't had to whine in a long time (Honey, I really NEED that Martin D-28)!
She's a whole lot cooler than I can say!
 
Last edited:
Thank you penzfan! I'll check out digi-key.com
HH!
 
Great wife! You owe her a serious dinner.
 
Like Fletch, I like the GT so much I bought another new one. They're still out there you just have to ask.


I know one thing, if Minelab made the Sovereign GT waterproof I'd sell all my other machines ( 2@ DFPIs, 2@ GTs and the Excalibur ) and buy one, maybe two. If they did in fact do that there's no doubt in my mind that they'd FLY off the shelf.
 
A Sovereign GT in a Sand/Tiger Shark housing would be the ultimate combo. That is the toughest platform I've ever used and never felt like I had to worry about leaks but the beaches I used to hunt (moving to Louisiana) were loaded with bits of iron and rubbish, so I didn't like digging 10-15" for junk iron all day.
 
Just saw a GT waterproof mod on another MD site last night and it looks just like a SS. I'll send the link when I get home later.
 
By the way, I'm considering selling my SS, keeping the GT and buying an Excal. 90% of my hunts are ocean or wet sand. Any comments?
 
By the way, I'm considering selling my SS, keeping the GT and buying an Excal. 90% of my hunts are ocean or wet sand. Any comments?

I think the Excal is my best machine and I would use it anywhere! So along with the GT it's the best of both worlds!
 
I always found it easier to plead for forgiveness than beg for permission.
If you don't believe me, just ask my X Wifes.
 
My favorite all around machine ever, so much in fact I bought 2 of them when the were "all gone" the second time. Congrats on getting your GT! I would put switch boots and the hip mount bag on first thing to protect your investment!

I have done that, but am still uncomfortable about hunting with it at the beach as it constantly rains, and the humidity is high making it miserable to wear a rain coat. I fear that if I used a protective box or tightly bagged it condensation would build up inside and still ruin the detector (sigh)?

Can you use silicon spray to keep salt from building up around the knobs and switches on the Sovereign and Excalibur?
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom