What's new

Wiggle Pick?

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know where one could buy a wiggle pick?

Thanks!

BG
 
Upvote 0
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468898843.493504.webp

Apparently they are supposed to work really well for digging.
 
You got me Bob. First one I have seen like that. I use a gold miners pick that a guy makes out in Arizona. Called a hermit pick.

IMG_4384.webp
 
Last edited:
wigglepicks

Seems you could get a standard pick from your local hardware store and saw down the handle a bit, cut off one end of the pick, pad it and be on your way. Might try leaving a little metal on the cutoff end of the pick for a handle - could poke a tennis ball over it.
 
Last edited:
The key to a decent wiggle pick is using "spring" steel that can bend and spring back (I think they use leaf springs from old cars.) A Swing pick from a hardware store is a much heavier tool.

There are two styles, a Texas style that has a longer blade that is used to collapse a vertical dig wall. (Push it down into the dirt and use the handle for leverage to break up clods and work a vertical face.) The Missouri style is made for rocky digs, and I think have shorter blades.

Creek Dalton on YouTube used to make and sell Missouri ones.
 
An army issued entrenching tool works well, just don't get a knock off because it won't hold up
 
Yea I bought one from Walmart and it fell apart the first time I used it!
 
The key to a decent wiggle pick is using "spring" steel that can bend and spring back (I think they use leaf springs from old cars.) A Swing pick from a hardware store is a much heavier tool.

There are two styles, a Texas style that has a longer blade that is used to collapse a vertical dig wall. (Push it down into the dirt and use the handle for leverage to break up clods and work a vertical face.) The Missouri style is made for rocky digs, and I think have shorter blades.

Creek Dalton on YouTube used to make and sell Missouri ones.

YouTube video shows how to make one yourself... If you have the tools or a friend with them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom