Wikiup rings

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Indians used sagebrush to form huts or Wikiups.I have come across thousands of the rock rings that still exist today.Here are couple pics of one or two
Paiute_woman_grinding_seeds_in_doorway_of_thatched_hut,_small_boy_in_foreground,_1872_-_NARA_-_5.jpg Paiute_1.jpeg points 037.JPG points 035.JPG

I dont know if this was a sacred site or what,but it was unlike any I have ever seen,had rock etchings,and gave off a feel like I have never felt any where since
points 036.JPG points 038.JPG points 039.JPG I have many pics of rock art...many that quite possibly have not been seen by anybody but me,in hundreds of years...I will put a few up as time allows

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks...you can pm them if you like...

sure is curious how closely that stone ring resembles some European sites.

Yea,I need to try to get back down there and get some better pic's

I will post up the Picto's when I get a chance

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Indians used sagebrush to form huts or Wikiups.I have come across thousands of the rock rings that still exist today.Here are couple pics of one or two
View attachment 863096 View attachment 863097 View attachment 863098 View attachment 863099

I dont know if this was a sacred site or what,but it was unlike any I have ever seen,had rock etchings,and gave off a feel like I have never felt any where since
View attachment 863103 View attachment 863104 View attachment 863105 I have many pics of rock art...many that quite possibly have not been seen by anybody but me,in hundreds of years...I will put a few up as time allows
I know what you mean by the feeling you got from that place. We were in the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina and hiked up a mountain that had a small pioneer family grave yard on top. Standing there I got a feeling like Ive never felt before or since. Im not very religious but I got one heck of a spiritual feeling that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread