What's new

Wikiup rings

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Indians used sagebrush to form huts or Wikiups.I have come across thousands of the rock rings that still exist today.Here are couple pics of one or two
Paiute_woman_grinding_seeds_in_doorway_of_thatched_hut,_small_boy_in_foreground,_1872_-_NARA_...webpPaiute_1.webppoints 037.webppoints 035.webp

I dont know if this was a sacred site or what,but it was unlike any I have ever seen,had rock etchings,and gave off a feel like I have never felt any where since
points 036.webppoints 038.webppoints 039.webpI have many pics of rock art...many that quite possibly have not been seen by anybody but me,in hundreds of years...I will put a few up as time allows
 
Upvote 0
thanks...you can pm them if you like...

sure is curious how closely that stone ring resembles some European sites.

Yea,I need to try to get back down there and get some better pic's

I will post up the Picto's when I get a chance
 
The Indians used sagebrush to form huts or Wikiups.I have come across thousands of the rock rings that still exist today.Here are couple pics of one or two
View attachment 863096View attachment 863097View attachment 863098View attachment 863099

I dont know if this was a sacred site or what,but it was unlike any I have ever seen,had rock etchings,and gave off a feel like I have never felt any where since
View attachment 863103View attachment 863104View attachment 863105I have many pics of rock art...many that quite possibly have not been seen by anybody but me,in hundreds of years...I will put a few up as time allows
I know what you mean by the feeling you got from that place. We were in the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina and hiked up a mountain that had a small pioneer family grave yard on top. Standing there I got a feeling like Ive never felt before or since. Im not very religious but I got one heck of a spiritual feeling that day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom