NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone seen or heard of this brand metal detector http://www.metal-detector-town.com/metal-detectors-brand-treasure-hunter-c-28_30.html, under 300.00 and their claims of superior depth to any machine on the current market, can this be true? I have been hunting for 50 years and never heard of it. Does anyone know who makes it? It looks like but is not made by Bounty Hunter. Supposed to have been made by a NASA person. I could only find 1 review online. I am not purchasing one, I love my Etrac......... nge

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anybody can claim anything nowdays.

Gold Prospecting Metal Detectors - Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 - Metal Detectors at Metal Detector Town

If you read the claims it was endorsed by Treasure Net Magazine. I googled it, everything I got came to this site.

It has a wide range of frequencies? Just 3 if you read the article.

IF you look at the comparison chart, The ONLY Minelab's it goes up against is the Sovereign GT and the Xterra 705

And the depth specs are the same for it, the DFX and the Sovereign

It claims they are powered by Z-Tex processors, I never heard of them and I can't find them on google either?

I see no other coils you can buy, the accessory packages are a joke. And I will let any others tear apart what they see. I see JUNK

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZTEX FPGA Boards with USB and Open Source SDK

Ztex is a real company that makes FPGA boards...perhaps somebody smarter than myself could make a detector with it...idk.

I know nothing about that detector other than I would never spend more that $50 on it at a yard sale. Might grab it then just to fiddle with something new for a bit. I would not expect anything awesome to come out of it...that is for sure.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah these look like cheap Chinese detectors to me. They look very similar to other cheap detectors.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ZTEX FPGA Boards with USB and Open Source SDK

Ztex is a real company that makes FPGA boards...perhaps somebody smarter than myself could make a detector with it...idk.

I know nothing about that detector other than I would never spend more that $50 on it at a yard sale. Might grab it then just to fiddle with something new for a bit. I would not expect anything awesome to come out of it...that is for sure.

Yes they make boards. I found that. However, making a circuit board and a CPU are entirely different animals. Intel makes CPU's. They used to and still might make boards. I just can't find any data on a Z-Tex processor.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they make boards. I found that. However, making a circuit board and a CPU are entirely different animals. Intel makes CPU's. They used to and still might make boards. I just can't find any data on a Z-Tex processor.

They are using soft processors embedded within the FPGA logic. Their other boards are using a Xilinx APS to handle ARM processors they build in. They just need something simple to make the ADC and DAC work...not send a guy to mars.

There are many makers of processors besides Intel and AMD.....dozens and dozens of makers manufacture small processors that will work in an application such as a "digital" metal detector.

As far as naming the processor ZTEX....I am guessing the Treasure Hunter company has no idea and just slapped in on there to sound awesome...or were confused with what they read about the ZTEX FPGA.

LordoftheZincs

Dec 14, 2013
San Juan Island WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They are using soft processors embedded within the FPGA logic. Their other boards are using a Xilinx APS to handle ARM processors they build in. They just need something simple to make the ADC and DAC work...not send a guy to mars.

There are many makers of processors besides Intel and AMD.....dozens and dozens of makers manufacture small processors that will work in an application such as a "digital" metal detector.

As far as naming the processor ZTEX....I am guessing the Treasure Hunter company has no idea and just slapped in on there to sound awesome...or were confused with what they read about the ZTEX FPGA.

speaking-2Bin-2Btongues.jpg

I'm pretty sure that translates to "Chinese Junk" :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread