Wildlife Safari

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wildlife Safari is a local drive through zoo. I had a free pass that was only good for today, and I couldn't go through until after Church. The weather has been hot, and I knew that the animals would be mostly laying in the shade, but what the heck, it's free, and I figured I might get a picture or two. Didn't see the bears, lions, cheetah's or the tiger, but there were some other critters out where they could be seen.
Bison1A.jpg
The Bison were lying around, masticating on bolus's of rumen injesta. More simply stated, chewing their cud.
OstrichA.jpg Ostrich2A.jpg
Don't know if this guy is an Ostrich or an Emu, anyhow he was out and about walking along about the same speed as the cars.

Wildebeest2A.jpg
I think this is a Wildebeest.
Wildebeest1A.jpg
And this looks like a face only a mother could love. I think it's a wildebeest.
zebraA.jpg zebra2A.jpg
The Zebra's were out and about.
Bull elkA.jpg
Take a close look, this bull elk is laying in the shade, and you can see one side of his antlers, still in the velvet. Out of the 500 animals, only a few were out and about, which I figured would be the case. A person needs to drive through there during the evening or early morning. But what the heck, free is free.
RinoA.jpg
Last, but not least, when you go into the drive through, they tell you that if the Rhino's are off the hill by the road, DO NOT stop. I guess they are cranky and charge cars. No big deal, here's a picture of them shaded up on the hill. The Hippos were both laying in the pond, each with only one eye and one nostril showing above the water.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a fun day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread