What's new

Will be at Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach... help please...

dadoftwogirls

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
39
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
I'll be staying at the Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach for a few days and am bringing my detector with me. Any insight on hunting the beaches their, or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Was down a couple weeks back with all the sand they pumped on the beaches it is not good.
Had trouble even finding a couple coins. Until we get a storm to move some sand out it looks
pretty bleak for that area. Hope you have some luck.

Jason
 
Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if a couple of weeks means literally "two" or possibly more. With all these storms that have been blowing up the coasts this winter, hopefully there has been some movement over the last 20-30 days. I am not always against sand being pumped onto beaches. Means sand out where I'd never see it has been layed out on "dry" land for me. I am in Florida. On our beach the Army Corp of Engineers pumped a bunch of sand for re-nourishment, and a guy finds a doubloon. I guess it can happen. Maybe I be finding some pirate treasure in the sands of Myrtle Beach? Or not. I guess I can try the high lines where the put out the chairs and such and around some of the more visited areas that I can determine like the nearby pier. Here's hoping!

Best!
 
I don't know where the Embassy Suites are in Myrtle Beach, e mail me a gosports1@aol.com and maybe I can help you on detecting Myrtle Beach.
 
I'll be there soon. Cherry Point, and sharing a beachhouse with 8 women! :laughing7:
 
Plz update when ya can. May be just south of there Garden City soon if all goes well. Many thx in advance.
 
So yesterday I called Myrtle Beach Dept of public works.
Just recently there has been 2 feet of sand applied to the beaches.
He said "the whole grand strand"

Parks are restricted so Myrtle beach is out as far as detecting goes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom