WILSON R&C 4 VERSES WILSON COIN SELECT..........

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WILSON R&C 4 VERSES WILSON COIN SELECT..........

........I guess that I am one of the few that own both.....so it is easy for me to do a comparison!!........I really do not need both so I am doing field tests to see which one is better suited for me!!......so far operational wise.....they seem to be the same.......The R&C4 has a toggle switch for Normal/Max Sensitivity.....which on Max is the same as the Coin Select!!......The R&C4's discrimination knob is Free Rotational which means that you can set it anywhere as it is wide variable!!........The discrimination knob on the Coin Select clicks into place for each numbered discrimination setting/level...........this bothers me a little bit......somn some places the fall out point on a particular object can be found and eliminated........if all of the discrimination points on the detector are pre-set.....it is not 100% variable.....but besides this it is still a great detector............................OK........this is the way that I hunt......I set it all up on the Max settings if the area will allow it.......no excessive chirpings.........set the discrimination dial on Foil.......and start hunting......upon hearing a target .....i pin point it and then move the discrimination dial to Pulltab.......if I still hear the target I dig it ....may be a coin.......NOW THE TRICK IS WHAT TO DO IF THE TARGET GOES QUIET.............on the R&C4 the fall out point of the Nickel and the Pulltab........is a bit different......so I have marked lightly in pencil on my machine where these fall out points are.........so using this method I can still dig the nickels and leave the pulltabs in the ground.........but there is more......if the pulltab signal is deep or sounds larger than a pulltab.......I will dig it also.........the mentality over this is that this ground has been hunted to death by all of the TID machines so most of the higher conductives are gone but a lot of pulltabs and nickels remain..........Now a lot of your average High School Class Rings will register in the pulltab settings so if I am hunting a school ......I will not dig very every pulltab but if it sounds too loud or if seems to be wider than a pulltab ......I will dig it........found a bunch of Class Rings doing this!!..............But if someone calls me to find a Lost Class Ring....... I will dig all of the targets in the proposed area from nickels up throughHH the pulltabs and even the ScrewCaps............HH.......Joe

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Re: WILSON R&C 4 VERSES WILSON COIN SELECT..........

Hello Joe. Was wondering if you know what kind of coils they use and their operating frequencies? Probaqbly concentric co-planer coil I guess. Would like to see pics of your units. Does either one of your units have a beach setting? Thanks

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: WILSON R&C 4 VERSES WILSON COIN SELECT..........

........I do not remember the operating frequency but it seems to be around 7.9KHZ??....this may be wrong!!.....I do know that the old large coil for my Whites blue box 4900 will also work on the Wilson!!........I will post some pic's later in a week or so of my R&C4 and Coin Select.......Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread