What's new

Wind noise on headphones

Barrell

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
74
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A dealer lent me a whites beach hunter to test out. This morning I took it down the beach in 15mph NE wind. The wind noise blowing against the outside of the headphones was amplified until I couldnt here the background hum of the machine at all. I could hear the tone when I found shallow metal but I probably missed any faint tones. Is this normal with all headphones? Is there any way to treat the outside surface of the headphones to reduce the wind noise?
 
Upvote 0
This is quite normal for detector companies to sell there detector with poor headsets. Even high end detecors with hard mount headphones come with poor quality heeadphones. Entry level machines like the BHID come this way too!
I haven't use a BHID is about a year so I can only say this. Most headphone can be improved easily by just changing the ear pads with gel pads to block out the noise. Other tricks are putting foam in the cups. You a correct in your thought about not hearing the faint signals. I cut the headphones off brand new high end detectors (reguardless of warrenties) most of the great finds I have had came from some of those ticks most hunters never hear!
BCNJ
 
That is one of the reasons I love the Detectorpro headhunter. Basically you get one of the best headphones in the market and they actually are your detector, what could be better than that???

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Cover any holes with tape. That helps a lot. I've also heard of some people covering each earpiece with a sock.
 
Replace the ear pads with a set of these and the problem will be eliminated. Gel Ear Seals - Parts and Accessories The stock ear seals on any factory headphone are about worthless. I now have these all of my headphones, comfortable too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom