What's new

Windy day hunt

eastTNJoe

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
546
Reaction score
616
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out this morning and fought the wind. I found a few and got some in situ pictures.
20131123_083836.webp20131123_100335.webp20131123_130710.webp
 
Upvote 0
4 nice keepers! Yeah its been windy here and cold. Im stuck at work all this week so no hunting for me rite now
 
It isn't so much the cold from the wind that makes it tough, but the way it makes my eyes water up...clouds my view of the ground...good week to be stuck at work Rock...maybe it will be warmer when you do get a chance.
 
good saves there,thanks for sharing
 
It isn't so much the cold from the wind that makes it tough, but the way it makes my eyes water up...clouds my view of the ground...good week to be stuck at work Rock...maybe it will be warmer when you do get a chance.

Might snow this week or rain ice. Maybe by next week it will kill some more grass off and I will find some keepers. You guys in TN seem to be able to find a point quite often. Im finding out that there is allot of collectors in my area but they just dont tell people they look for them. I heard one guy hunts at 2am with a head lamp, thats just crazy.
 
Might snow this week or rain ice. Maybe by next week it will kill some more grass off and I will find some keepers. You guys in TN seem to be able to find a point quite often. Im finding out that there is allot of collectors in my area but they just dont tell people they look for them. I heard one guy hunts at 2am with a head lamp, thats just crazy.

I agree..that is crazy. I can't imagine hunting at night with a light. Geeze, it is hard enough to see them in daylight. I saw fresh footprints all over the place where I went Saturday. I don't know if he found any, but he didn't find them all for sure. I guess that means that there are more guys out there than we realize.
 
I agree..that is crazy. I can't imagine hunting at night with a light. Geeze, it is hard enough to see them in daylight. I saw fresh footprints all over the place where I went Saturday. I don't know if he found any, but he didn't find them all for sure. I guess that means that there are more guys out there than we realize.

I know of hat lamp hunters. Sounds nuts to me. I can normally explain what I'm doing stomping around in a roadside field during day light with a reply of "good luck". Can't imagine that going over so well at midnight.
 
I agree..that is crazy. I can't imagine hunting at night with a light. Geeze, it is hard enough to see them in daylight. I saw fresh footprints all over the place where I went Saturday. I don't know if he found any, but he didn't find them all for sure. I guess that means that there are more guys out there than we realize.

Could of been somebody fishing. I was a die hard fisherman for many yrs and never even looked down for a rock the whole time, just looked for snakes and gators when walking.
 
after a while I start recognizing the footprints and walking stick marks on my hills. One guy hunts with a little dog and one guy chain smokes cigs with white filters, one guy hunts in cowboy boots and makes little piles of flakes and stone...lmaofr.
I agree..that is crazy. I can't imagine hunting at night with a light. Geeze, it is hard enough to see them in daylight. I saw fresh footprints all over the place where I went Saturday. I don't know if he found any, but he didn't find them all for sure. I guess that means that there are more guys out there than we realize.
 
One spot I go to I saw foot prints and I guess he bent over to pick something up and lost his sun glasses, lol. They wear nice.
 
It is nice to know your competitions tracks but better when he knows yours. :walk::walk:
 
I don't mind too much seeing tracks that are all over the place, it's when you see tracks that are in straight lines and 3 feet apart that sux!!! if ya know what I mean.
It is nice to know your competitions tracks but better when he knows yours. :walk::walk:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom