What's new

Winter Beach Detecting

nhdigging

Greenie
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone detect the wet sand in the winter? I'm in NH and going out tomorrow, temp going to mid 40's. Curious if anyone's found items during this time of year?
 
Upvote 0
Winter storms uncover a lot of goodies in the wet sand. Yes, I've found a lot in the winter.
 
Sand is always changing...you don't have to have fresh drops to find something.
 
i did pretty good last winter. i found 11 gold rings and i went out last week and found a 14k claddagh here in mane it can be pretty good you just have to put your coil over it good luck
 
Yes, yes, and of course yes. Best winter find was an 18th century gold coin.
 
I think it is the absolute best time to be on the beach, accept for this winter, which just isn't doing its thing this year on my area beaches.
 
On my way to the beach in a few. I'm encouraged after reading your replies. Thanks everyone.
 
Yes, you don't have the crowds to dodge around. Just you and the treasure! Go for it!
 
the best period of the year, especially after the storm........

a hunt of January after a sudden of sea
100 square meters !!!

of old gold with its orange patina :)

storme   janvier   .webp
 
No winter beach hunting Grand Traverse Bay this year.
gt_bay.webp
 
Well, was out for 3.5 hours. Didn't find much but was great to be swinging again. Came home with .56 cents in clad, two lead sinkers, something that looks like a dollar size coin but isn't and some minor trash.

On my way back to the car I passed another detectorist. As I got closer to the car I saw tons of holes left and rusted trash sitting outside the holes.

I looked back and the guy was gone. Gotta tell you, I was seeing red. I couldn't believe it.
 
Got out today for a little this morning Spent 3 hours in the low tide water line nothing to be found in south jersey but few pieces of trash metal, thought all the winter storms might uncover something but I guess the area has been picked pretty clean till the next beach season.
 
Well, was out for 3.5 hours. Didn't find much but was great to be swinging again. Came home with .56 cents in clad, two lead sinkers, something that looks like a dollar size coin but isn't and some minor trash.

On my way back to the car I passed another detectorist. As I got closer to the car I saw tons of holes left and rusted trash sitting outside the holes.

I looked back and the guy was gone. Gotta tell you, I was seeing red. I couldn't believe it.
You cant find it if you don't go...keep at it and good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom