Winter Time Hunting ~ Old 1800s Homesites ~ Episode 4

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter Time Hunting ~ Old 1800's Homesites ~ Episode 4

Well got out on Dec. 29th 2007 right after it snowed again.
I was invited by my buddy Mitch to go hunt some areas he has researched.
Just getting out was all worht it.

Mitch found an old 1846 Large cent. If I can meet up with him I will try to get a picture of the coin all cleaned up.

We had a great time and even saw some wildlife.

Thanks for watching!
Rob

OP
OP
Wasabi

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Winter Time Hunting ~ Old 1800's Homesites ~ Episode 4

TreasureTales said:
Another great video. Keep 'em coming please. And next time have your friend Mitch do the video so you can dig up the large cent. ;D

I will be sure to have him do just that.
Thanks again!
Rob

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods

Hi Rob. Great job. Thanks!! There is a general myth that once the snows start, that metal detecting or treasure hunting "season" ends. Thanks for shattering that myth!! Btw, that looked like an old cistern to me. stvn.

OP
OP
Wasabi

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

morbiusandneo said:
Hi Rob. Great job. Thanks!! There is a general myth that once the snows start, that metal detecting or treasure hunting "season" ends. Thanks for shattering that myth!! Btw, that looked like an old cistern to me. stvn.

Yes I was one of those that believed that as well. I soon found out that after the snow had melted and then snowed again that the ground had become even more saturated allowing for deeper signals and more signals because of the moisture and the Halo effect given off by the buried target. If the gound is not frozen, you will find me detecting and a diggin. : )
Glad you had a revelation and you enjoyed the video. I think that the winter time may be one of the best times to hunt if the ground is not frozen.
HH.
Rob

OP
OP
Wasabi

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureTales said:
Another great video. Keep 'em coming please. And next time have your friend Mitch do the video so you can dig up the large cent. ;D

Sounds like a winner. Only I need to find the goos stuff in order for that to happen.
I will keep looking.
Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread