What's new

Wire; Pulltabs; Clad and a Ring - Sort of!

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,423
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left the house this morning at 3:50am, and arrived at Jones Beach on Long Island at 5:00am, and a very dense fog. Hunted the knee-high surf and waterline from Field 6, south to the Water Tower and back, which took 4.5-hours of swinging. Disappointed would be an understatement. Seventeen-cents, and a child's toy ring? I know I will get my first ticket because I'm working for it, but I really thought today was the day. Hit low tide perfectly, just didn't happen today. Well - Next Time!
 

Attachments

  • 52111.webp
    52111.webp
    197.6 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
The good side of it is you got to go out and get exercise and enjoy the hobby.
 
Yep, your time is coming! Looks like a Toe ring -- and that popper lure looks antique. Nice!
 
Thank's Les and DG! I must say I did have a great time, and I am proud of myself for having the stamina to detect four-hours straight in the knee-high surf. It took me a while to bag my first gold nugget, so I don't expect this to be any easier. It makes me so crazy when I see you old hands pulling silver and gold so often - I just know I am going to punch my ticket soon! Thank's again for the posts and encouragement!
 
Terry, that looks like a toe ring, and maybe silver. Soak it in some Tarn-X, and clean it with baking soda.... see if the crusting comes off. :dontknow:

Same conditions on this side of L I ; hunted for 2 hrs. and found much less than did you. :(


Good luck on your next hunt :icon_sunny:

Lorraine
 
Thank you so much Lorraine! I did take tour advice, but it is not silver. It will however, always be my first "Jones Beach Ring," so I have no place to go but up! Have you, or any of you other Long Island Sound hunters, ever hunted the beach at Sherwood Island? Thought about maybe hunting there, or up by Milford. - T
 
Keep plugging away Terry. Gold will come. Just listen for those soft weak signals. That will be the gold.most importantly, have fun! :icon_thumleft:
 
search and recovery said:
Keep plugging away Terry. Gold will come. Just listen for those soft weak signals. That will be the gold.most importantly, have fun! :icon_thumleft:

Thank's so much S&R! Everyone's words of encouragement - and all the great finds posted, really keep me pumped. My wife is an RN at a local hospital, and it looks like we are going to string a couple of days off together - very rare! Beach House on Long Island Sound in Connecticut - here we come! I am going to hunt the bajeebers out of the public and private beach for two-days! Might even have a Grandchild or two help me dig a little. Should have some finds to post by the end of the week. Fingers - and toes crossed!
 
Terry, every time you post about Jones Beach it brings back a lot of memories. I grew up on the island and we used to have the greatest all night beach parties on Jones Beach. I would imagine that is outlawed by now....too bad.

Thanks for the reminder.

Alan
 
pastorals said:
Terry, every time you post about Jones Beach it brings back a lot of memories. I grew up on the island and we used to have the greatest all night beach parties on Jones Beach. I would imagine that is outlawed by now....too bad.

Thanks for the reminder.

Alan

Here is a shot from last week for you Alan! You can check out a few more here http://www.terrysoloman.com/id18.html Sharks chased us out of the waist-deep water on Wednesday!
 

Attachments

  • bunksforum.webp
    bunksforum.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 212
Nice hunt Terry, as soon as that water gets warmer you will be seeing gold for sure..like the web page also..............joe
 
OldeBeechnut said:
Nice hunt Terry, as soon as that water gets warmer you will be seeing gold for sure..like the web page also..............joe

Hey, :hello: Thanks Joe! :icon_thumleft: Can't wait to get out of the waders! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom