Wisconsin Potato Soup

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Gee....I hate to even post a recipe after Nicks beautiful dishes ....but our family loves Potatoe Soup and this is easy to make on a blustery winter day...Plus its such a good comfort food......Maybe served with those wonderful Onion Rolls of Cyns.....Yum

After spending the day shoveling your snow covered sidewalks and driveway, there is nothing more welcoming then walking into your home with the embracing smell of potato soup. With all those Storms hitting the Southern states you might need a little Northern Fortitude :)

It’s like a warm, comfortable blanket for your senses.

3 to 4 lg. potatoes, peeled & chopped...We like to have them in 1/2 inch cubes...
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can evaporated milk
2 to 3 c. 2% milk
Salt & pepper to taste
If you have some leftover ham, cube it and throw that in the pot as well :-*

Cook the vegetables in a small amount of water (covered) until tender.

Add: the evaporated milk, the regular milk, salt & pepper.

Add 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled. Simmer, do not boil.

When ready to serve, add dill weed and parsley.

M

MiniMe

One of my favorites...I take some of the potatoe's and mash them to make it a little thick. This and a piece of good crunchy toasted piece of fresh butter bread and I'm set. :)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yummmm!! I have not made potato soup for awhile....might have to try it soon after reading this...you make it sound even better! :D

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hummm.. Potato soup. One of my favorites too. After I scoop some into a bowl, I like to add a little butter (or some "I can't believe it's not butter" for us cholesterol conscious old people) and then eat about 3 bowls.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
I'll have to try that one for the wood stove. Perfect, thanks!

CG...Do you Do a lot on the wood stove???

Nick

Yeah can't get the boy's out of the garage to eat, and they never like to eat at the same time. So I usually make try and make a soup or a caserole to leave there for their convenience. ;)

Any ideas would be appreciated, with long winters like this you start repeating yourself.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions