guys i use a 1280 when diving with my hooka,and have a hard time hearing it,bad hearing.now for what i need to know,is the cz20 a louder machine on a target ?
While I can't speak for the CZ20. I can for the 1280x I have never heard a machine louder than the 1280x. I used one for 16 years. This may account for your hearing loss, and mine? Now that I have switched to an Excalibur I can also say the 1280x was the most annoying loudest metal detector I have used in 36 years of hunting. But it does find gold!
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
I can speak for the 1280 and CZ-20. Both are loud on targets and I couldn't run either of them at max volume. With the CZ20 sometimes the overload signal would go off on a surface quarter. But not all detectors of the same company are the same. My oldest 1280 seems more sensitive and can act more like a Tiger Shark on gold chains while the newer 1280 will barely make a tic when you rub the same chain on the coil.
As for hearing it while diving I cut small holes in one wet suit hood to allow the sound to get to the ear better and that helped a lot. But I had to wear another hood if going deeper cause the cold water really gets to the ear. Try to breathe slower when you first get a target.
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
I just rethought this. Maybe there is an internal adjustment too for the volume or Fisher can tweak the volume for you. Send them an email and you might get lucky.
Okay with all I have heard about them I bought a excal 1000.When I get it I will get out and compare the two of them.I will have to wade until the water warms up as I do not have a wet or dry suit.I hope the mine lab is as good as most people have said.H.H.