What's new

Witness Trees

HistoryPens

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 4, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a wood pen turner from Iowa, and I have become very interested in "Witness Trees", or trees that were standing during the Civil War. Some of them have been cut down, some have fallen down and numerous branches have been recovered for over a century. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate a small amount of this wood? I enjoy making pens with a history and I believe these would be excellent.
 
Upvote 0
Go to the Wood Barter forum. They always have wood like that for sale. Gary
 
Good Luck .
There are Very few old Growth 'Whiteness' trees left in the Atlanta area , & I suppose they would be hard to authenticate.

With out the tree or wood being a War Log.

Just My 2 Cent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom