Witnessed a drug deal...Be careful out there!

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drugs are not the problem. It the weak minds taking them. But as long as there are somebody that want a controlled substance. There will be somebody supplying it. Drug war make both sides money. It the law of contraband.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even drink my coffee in the strip mall parking lot with out some car with dark windows (not legal to be that dark & pass inspection) rolling up beside me and just sitting there. I totally ignore them. The length of time they sit there tells you how bright they are.

When out detecting you have to do what is best for you. I'd say you did the right thing, live to detect another day, treasure in the ground will stay put.

One of my fears is i will be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the lead starts flying.
We'll see how fast i can dig a fox hole with my digging tool.

Maybe the drug companies should be working on a preventative drug for those who become addicted.
Narcan is a good start.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PCP in Chattanooga? I doubt it. Now Baltimore, that would be a different story. Or even Philly.

I'm not going to debate if there is or isn't Angle Dust/PCP in the city. They push "Wet or Dippers" what ever they're called in the areas if there is anything hard being sold on the streets. The new is old, as it was around in the late 70's into the early 80's then left the streets. The old timers don't mess with it as it's meant for the young folks in their teens and early 20's.
Even back in the early 80's I hung with an old fellow that cancer, a wheeler dealer of sorts. Driving him to his treatments, then on other days driving him to other patients homes that he had met in the Oncology care. He would buy their unused drugs and resell them again. The Doctors over prescribe meds, and the seniors that had 30+ pills were netting out an easy $1000 extra free money to help them along financially.
So looking back on the whole scene as I described who was the bad person? The Doctor, the cancer patient, the man that I drove around, me for driving him around in the first place, or the addict? 35 yrs later nothing has really changed except the social media streaming the news faster.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drugs are not the problem. It the weak minds taking them. But as long as there are somebody that want a controlled substance. There will be somebody supplying it. Drug war make both sides money. It the law of contraband.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

And if there is no drugs? They will just find something. Butane(if anyone remembers that era), people hugh paint, Idiots were putting tarps over airconditionors and breathing the freon. SOME people just have it in them, and will look for anything. Cowweed(?), poop fermenting in the sun then breathing( a doc friend told me of these cases showing up in ER, Just nasty!!!), toads(if people remember that one too), etc.... There were cases where I lived something about people licking toads or something. Not sure if they were in the wild or petstore stuff.

I smoke cigs, in a way it's no different, it's a killer and some of us still do it. Or alcohol etc....

Last edited:

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out of there safe. We all have to be careful and use our heads. Whether that means no headphones, concealed carry, or not going it alone, just make smart choices depending on your situation.
The drug thing is complicated. Anyone can get snared. Some of these drugs are just too powerful to control. Look at alcohol...its legal and it still creates a huge amount of suffering loss and death.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several of my buddies 3 i use to run with got into meth. Out of the 6 close friends 3 of us went to college in different states and ... well one hit it big he's a big shot lawyer.. but the rest of us are teachers and work for the govt and started our lives.

They got arrested for arson robbery, battery etc. it's boundless what that crap does to the mind.

Not to make this into a public service announcement but if you see drug dealing going on just walk away and be safe!

Now I gotta find safer hunting grounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Get this, They cut their H with it to intentionally OD someone. then all the Hop heads want their product because it is SO good. Seriously warped way of thinking but that is a fact. Someone dies on their product the rest have to have it.
Is this true? How do you know?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
At my old house, my nextdoor neighbor was extremely addicted to drugs. I remember witnessing a few drug deals from my backyard, and having to see her either high or suffering from withdrawal on a regular basis. I even had an old pickup parked in front of my house for five hours after dark, I called the cops (worried they wanted to rob my house), and made the mistake of looking out the window while on the phone. They saw me and sped off, and circled around the street a few times, then they saw the cops and were gone for the night. I saw that car again another night, and saw the woman come out, and the car go to a hidden area where she met it. I am happy to have moved out to the country and get away from all of that.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm an addict to coffee.
What can I say, it keeps all systems in check.

I prefer a strong cup of tea or three a day, coffee is nearly just as good though, it depends on how tired I am in the morning :laughing7:.

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hows about mind your own bizzness?

But carry a Glock and be ready to defend yourself, if needed. Ooooo sombodys selling a dimebag of weed!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an addict to coffee.
What can I say, it keeps all systems in check.
pot head.jpg

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even drink my coffee in the strip mall parking lot with out some car with dark windows (not legal to be that dark & pass inspection) rolling up beside me and just sitting there. I totally ignore them. The length of time they sit there tells you how bright they are.

When out detecting you have to do what is best for you. I'd say you did the right thing, live to detect another day, treasure in the ground will stay put.

One of my fears is i will be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the lead starts flying.
We'll see how fast i can dig a fox hole with my digging tool.

Maybe the drug companies should be working on a preventative drug for those who become addicted.
Narcan is a good start.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

They actually have one now called Naltrexone. It is an opioid blocker that will prevent abusers from getting high. It can be taken in tablet form once a day, or in a shot that will last for 30 days which I think is better so they don't slip up as easy. They are also having good results treating alcoholics with it as well. The problem is that the damned Methadone Clinics are making fortunes! Methadone is a synthetic opioid that is worse than opiates in that it is far more dangerous to withdraw from with a higher likelihood of death. Withdrawal Clinics will not accept patients who are withdrawing from methadone because of it being so much more dangerous as they don't want liability issues. Also many addicts will still use opiates with methadone and methadone is actually more addictive too. It's simply replacing one drug with another that's even worse!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get this, They cut their H with it to intentionally OD someone. then all the Hop heads want their product because it is SO good. Seriously warped way of thinking but that is a fact. Someone dies on their product the rest have to have it.

Is this true? How do you know?

Yes sadly, but unfortunately it is true. These dope dealers have it down to a science and they even use marketing strategies to peddle their death and destruction! They actually stamp their bags with their dope with names such as "Drop Dead", "Black Widow", etc. to falsely advertise their dope cut with fentanyl as being more pure, thus stronger! :angry4: I know because I have busted some of them and their damned dope houses before too. But AARC is right when he says that it has to be cut off from its source to the dealers ie. Afghanistan, Mexico and South America. Also the pharmaceutical companies need to be brought down and held accountable and the pill mill physicians as well!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think for a second that political corruption at the highest levels isn't involved either as far as dope getting into the countries all over the world in mass quantities. It's a huge money maker all throughout and down the system. There are also way more addicts that are incarcerated than the dealers are! I am sick of watching people and kids dying all of the time, families destroyed, communities destroyed and it's everywhere and especially in smalltown U.S.A. If anybody thinks that because it hasn't directly touched or affected their lives in some way that it doesn't matter, they are sadly mistaken as in the long run it affects everyone in one way or another either directly or indirectly. I have seen young teens die from their first time trying heroin. Teens are dumb and make mistakes just like we all have done but in this climate it can only take one mistake to die or to become addicted. It is even in the elementary schools now too.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They actually have one now called Naltrexone. It is an opioid blocker that will prevent abusers from getting high. It can be taken in tablet form once a day, or in a shot that will last for 30 days which I think is better so they don't slip up as easy. They are also having good results treating alcoholics with it as well. The problem is that the damned Methadone Clinics are making fortunes! Methadone is a synthetic opioid that is worse than opiates in that it is far more dangerous to withdraw from with a higher likelihood of death. Withdrawal Clinics will not accept patients who are withdrawing from methadone because of it being so much more dangerous as they don't want liability issues. Also many addicts will still use opiates with methadone and methadone is actually more addictive too. It's simply replacing one drug with another that's even worse!

Has anyone ever see the security companies guard dog service pick up trucks in the early morning driving down the street after retrieving the dogs from the various locations, the back is full of yapping dogs going home?
Well fill the back of the truck with addicts heading to the clinic to pick up the weekly supply of methadone to sell to buy drugs to get high then they'd buy back the methadone before the next trip to the clinic. A vicious circle of addiction-date line 1978. So there you have it almost 40 yrs later same conversation, different addicts, same problem. Good news they have to drink the methadone at the clinic instead of getting it to take home. Now that's progress in the battle of addiction.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's a big "Y" in the road of life when one looks at the reflection in the mirror and decides the following "Do I go left or right" its up to that individual and that individual alone. Society has to have the services available for when the addict is ready to choose the right road, not for us to tell them or force them to go that route.
Note: These are purely my own thoughts on this topic as I have been down the road of addiction, seen, done, failed, rebounded, failed, looked at the mirror and made the decision of choosing the right road. Clear minded folks see the problem differently than what a person that has been down the road and lived the life mired in addictions.
I have little sympathy for the addicts out there today, cold as it sounds I view it through this "If I did it-so can they" I scoff at the East Hastings of Vancouver, the clinics, the amount of money that has been thrown at the problem over the past 40 + yrs in the tune of $ BILLION+ dollars and it's a total crap show worse than it was back then.
So who's worse out there the dealer or the endless amount of do-gooders milking it for profit!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread