What's new

✅ SOLVED Wolverines claws?

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
I feel due to rust build up it's not super old. Could be for digging fields but this side view could it be for something else. But I'm usually wrong
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3481.webp
    IMG_3481.webp
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3482.webp
    IMG_3482.webp
    809.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3483.webp
    IMG_3483.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
It's a piece of a sickle bar hay cutter. The moving bar containing the triangular sickles would slide back and forth on the 2 rails and the sickles would slide back and forthe through the slots. These machines were first used in horse-drawn cutters with cast iron, ground-driven wheels which were also later pulled by tractors. Then they were made for a tractor 3-point and mid-mount hitch. They're still used today.
 
Upvote 6
Hi Nathan W,
I think you are right!
I believe it is a Vintage Garden Tine attachment for a tractor.
 

Attachments

  • Garden Attachment.webp
    Garden Attachment.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
Good Show...Almy,
I know I had seen or in passing days had used this implement before...my how we forget!
Antique Sickle Blade!


o
 

Attachments

  • Sickle.webp
    Sickle.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0
It's a piece of a sickle bar hay cutter. The moving bar containing the triangular sickles would slide back and forth on the 2 rails and the sickles would slide back and forthe through the slots. These machines were first used in horse-drawn cutters with cast iron, ground-driven wheels which were also later pulled by tractors. Then they were made for a tractor 3-point and mid-mount hitch. They're still used today.
I figured farm implements but nice to
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom