Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all started going downhill when they went public. When you have shareholders to answer to, they need an ever increasing revenue stream to keep them happy.

Greed will be the death of everything.

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
One of their big problems is all the fakes and frauds. There are alot of fakes just in one area that I collect. Forum discussions on it have shown that they do not care about the frauds. In fact they have even taken action against the people alerting them to the fakes. Long as they get their fees it seems they do not care. I have not bought anything in so long that I do not even remember my sign in.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has instituted a new policy - no reproductions unless marked (like they know the differences).

The only NEW thing is that any caught are supposedly taken off the Ebay site - not just the article, but the Ebay seller.

We will, as they say - see what happens.

Beth

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Ebay has instituted a new policy - no reproductions unless marked (like they know the differences).

The only NEW thing is that any caught are supposedly taken off the Ebay site - not just the article, but the Ebay seller.

We will, as they say - see what happens.

Beth
Not that it effects me but: Another new policy... it is banning listings for ALL replica coins effective February 20th. It really doesn't make any sense if you think about it. Let's see, in order to protect a buyer from buying a counterfeit copy that is not marked, they are going to disallow anyone from listing an AUTHENTIC COPY that IS marked according to industry standards and U.S. laws?? That's great, so instead of being able to buy an authentic copy coin which is properly marked as such, buyers now have to worry about receiving a totally fake "authentic" coin which is not marked and now being sold as real thereby demanding a higher price too. Hmm? Am I missing something here?

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
They (Feebay) sent me another survey today. Gives me a chance to vent... sure no one reads it, because nothing changes.
My constant useless babble regarding buyers having way to much power!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread