DSCN0380.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 93
Upvote 30

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all...I am here to share some more of my bottle finds in the two days. Its always great to share with you all. Hope you enjoy!!

Very neat.
You got a wide variety of types it seems.

I really like the 'Coffin ' types & the embalmed / lol Spell Check ...The ones with writing are always special IMO.

TWray

Sep 5, 2016
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many sizes, shapes, colors, and designs. Bottles are just cool. Nice finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Liking the Scotch Whiskey bottle, Gold ??? can't make out the name? Well done congrats! Always liked digging glass up, it's just harder 45 yrs later down the road. :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, you found some very nice bottles, congratulations! :occasion14:

They should clean up real well! :icon_thumleft:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely took some work to find those so you deserve all of them, well done!...................63bkpkr

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I’m curious did you have to dig them up and if you did how in the world do you do it without breaking them.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs for sure,I was digging farm ddumps long before I STARTED METAL DETECTING.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Scotch Whiskey bottle just plain ROCKS!!!:headbang: If I would have dug it and it was sealed I would have popped the top and had a shot! LOL! Nice dig mate. Old glass is super cool. Ya' done fantastic!:hello2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweetness those would look good cleaned up and displayed that's some good pieces of history.. Happy Holidays Tommy

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rudy T,
I believe the answer is yes they had to be dug as they were part of the outhouse storage container/they were part of a garbage dump hole or area/they were part of a garbage dump burn pit. How did he keep from breaking them - planning and careful digging for starters. You try to judge the size of the pit by what you can see on top of the ground, like an outline of the hole, the ash mark size and any other hint one can observe by looking at the surface as it exists since the last time the spot had been used. How to keep from breaking them also comes from running a metal rod carefully into the ground, likely checking in all directions for say 3' down or as much as the compacted earth will allow.

From what little I've read the walls of these digs can be "unstable", this means they can collapse on you at any time IF you've not supported them Properly. "Properly" is the key word, if being alive at the end of a dig is not important then do not support the side walls or do not support them properly. Hopefully Sweetrazz will come along and correct my novice approach in this reply. Have fun, stay safe...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
S

Sweetrazz

Sep 7, 2016
Monterey ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I dug them up and very carefully! I have broke some while digging them up before and some are already cracked before digging them up but for the most part I am careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread