What's new

wooden artifact from the bog

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found several wooden items in this site. most look like pieces of things. this 1 looks for sure carved into a steak. I don't know how I can tell if it is native american or spanish in nature. since both have shown up on this site. figured it was worth posting. the other items that were found with it we're pottery chards chert flake and coble and numerous other bone pieces

ForumRunner_20120719_181847.webp



ForumRunner_20120719_181928.webp



ForumRunner_20120719_182033.webp



ForumRunner_20120719_182129.webp



ForumRunner_20120719_182213.webp
 
Upvote 0
Ya, Weeki Wachee in the mud not far at all from the mound at the mouth. I've always thought same as others....tent peg....trap piece.... but I've seen pics of similar items that we've found
This one look a lot like yours, like it's got a handle....
woodarticle2.jpg
 
tomclark said:
Ya, Weeki Wachee in the mud not far at all from the mound at the mouth. I've always thought same as others....tent peg....trap piece.... but I've seen pics of similar items that we've found
This one look a lot like yours, like it's got a handle....

That's one sweet looking piece!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom