What's new

Woodland Stone Tool

Mudonmyshoes

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
New to the site and to artifact hunting. I hope someone can help? I found this on a creek shore in NC. Can anyone tell me what it is and approx. how old? The grooves fit perfectly in my (see pics). Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • stonetool1.webp
    stonetool1.webp
    120.8 KB · Views: 402
  • stonetool2.webp
    stonetool2.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 373
  • stonetool.webp
    stonetool.webp
    97.9 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
This is a little easier to see. Hope you don't mind.
 

Attachments

  • stone1.webp
    stone1.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 353
  • stone2.webp
    stone2.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 354
Natural rock.

Don't get discouraged though. If you stay persistent you will eventually find some nice artifacts.
 
Hi BigC, Welcome to the forum, lots of good ppl here to help you with ID'ing your finds.
I agree with the guys, it's a natural rock. I'm in NC too, I also found rocks simlar to that one,when I first started hunting.
Don't be discouraged, keep looking & let us know what you find. Good Luck.

Molly. :)
 

Attachments

  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 379
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 359
Yep that be a rock, keep your eyes on the ground and don't give up and you will find something eventually. Once you see some worked edges you will know instantly if you have a keeper. Welcome to the site!
 
plehbah said:
Could it be a hominid "braining rock"?

You know, for defending against Neanderthals.

LOL, if it is, there must have been a hell of a lot of Neanderthals in NC, these natural rocks are everywhere..

Molly. :D
 

Attachments

  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 310
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 295
plehbah said:
Could it be a hominid "braining rock"?

You know, for defending against Neanderthals.
Neanderthal in the Americas? Nah, we prefer Europe & Asia. Plus, silly rocks won't defend against us - we're the original gansta's! Done a drive-by on a cave just this morning....lost 11 clubs.
 
That's a picture I would love to see... :icon_pirat:
 
Neanderthal said:
plehbah said:
Could it be a hominid "braining rock"?

You know, for defending against Neanderthals.
Neanderthal in the Americas? Nah, we prefer Europe & Asia. Plus, silly rocks won't defend against us - we're the original gansta's! Done a drive-by on a cave just this morning....lost 11 clubs.

Too funny. I was unusually grumpy this morning, but not now, couldn't stop laughin. Thanx Matt. :thumbsup:

Molly. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom