Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the woods and tot lots

A short hunt after work took me to Reisterstown, MD for a first-time at one of Baltimore County's parks there. I jumped into a wooded section, poked around for awhile and had some success. I detected around a fallen tree because the base was exposed. Out came a heavy fork that was black and brown. From the picture you see it has a heavy silver-plating and cleaned up beautifully. Research has it that this was made for the restaurant industry, more durable than that for home use, as silver-plate goes. About six feet away I uncovered what turned out to be a Max Factor lipstick case. I don't have a date on this, but I would place it in the 1940s. Having my fill of the woods and wanting to try other parts of the park, I headed for the tot lots, of which there are at least four and found lots of clad, even clad from previous years that was beneath the new mulch layer 6-9 inches. Lastly I checked out a grassy area adjacent to the tot lots and found it to hold many good signals and not much trash. I plan to return, as this park should have some items from the 1800s.
Thanks to all for viewing.

Happy Hunting!

ISCO12.jpgMaxFaxtor_montage.jpgwhats_it.jpgclad.jpg

Upvote 10
Nice hunt with many targets. :thumbsup: I love a hunt with lots of targets. Of course we all want the old coins, but I am happy with a fist full of clad to add to the years totals.

That washer kinda thing with the initials PB stand for PABST BLUE RIBBON just kidding neat find though,vanzutphen

Hi L-D,

I'm with you. After going after "iffy" signals, or finding those that might be "good" amongst so much trash is what I welcome a break from. This gets my ears and brain back in tune to what "good" targets sound like.

...a modern mystery, I think. A post-hunt brewsky would have been welcome at 8:30PM.

More clad for the coffee fund or battery fund or do like I do and roll it and buy silver with it

With that much clad that tot lot hasn't been hit much. I would be pounding that baby!

Lotta good stuff there, Let me know next time you hit a BC Park, I'm not to far away. I do a few of the ones with water..

OBN, I'm looking at Monday or Tuesday of next week. Shoot me a message if that sounds like it will work.

I need to pull all clad and head to the bank...been putting it off now for months. The credit union has a no fee coin machine in the lobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back