What's new

Woods Hunt And Land Hunt Found Some Nice Vintage Objects

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
4,418
Reaction score
4,007
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
2quartersall.jpg


My wife called me at work to tell me that she was picking up my daughter from school, which meant I have detecting time. :) I packed up my AT Pro and headed to a spot in the woods I have been meaning to hunt for the last couple of weeks. I then headed to a spot which I was hoping would give up a silver coin, and it did!

P52005442.jpg


I got one of those signals, with the VDI bouncing around the 40's and 80's. What a surprise....an old baby spoon. It looks like it was silver plated at one time, but the elements managed to remove most of that plating.

2SILVERCOINS.jpg


Here's a couple of silver quarters which I managed to get along with the bottom of an old vintage shaving stick dating back to the 1920's.

GMTOKEN.jpg


Here's my favorite find from tonight. An old GM Token from 1941. I will have to research it as it is a very unique find. Below are some vehicles which GM built in 1941.​
 

Attachments

  • CARS.webp
    CARS.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 273
Nice woods finds. John, I guess your silver count with that pro to be about pushing twenty since thaw. Am I close?
 
gleaner1 said:
Nice woods finds. John, I guess your silver count with that pro to be about pushing twenty since thaw. Am I close?

I think I am at 15 silver coins......
 
John, was that spoon deep?

If it were shallow and I were guessing, I'd say that spoon is bent up that way to allow for some "cooking" of some drugs. Makes it easier for the users to handle that and a needle... No experence, just an educated guess...
 
Dwight S said:
John, was that spoon deep?

If it were shallow and I were guessing, I'd say that spoon is bent up that way to allow for some "cooking" of some drugs. Makes it easier for the users to handle that and a needle... No experence, just an educated guess...

It was about 8 inches deep, the same strata where pennies from the 40's were showing. It definitely wasn't a spoon for melting heroin.
 
John-Edmonton said:
Dwight S said:
John, was that spoon deep?

If it were shallow and I were guessing, I'd say that spoon is bent up that way to allow for some "cooking" of some drugs. Makes it easier for the users to handle that and a needle... No experence, just an educated guess...

It was about 8 inches deep, the same strata where pennies from the 40's were showing. It definitely wasn't a spoon for melting heroin.
I don't know what the spoon was for, but the Bayer Co. started producing heroin commercially in 1898.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom