What's new

Woods hunt yealds a silver ring and a navy button (is the button real, how old?)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today and tried my luck along the river at a spot I have never hunted before hoping to find some silver coins. I dug every single coin target I came across looking for silver but instead I found lots of clad again. I did manage to find a plain 925 Mexico ring and what looks to be a Navy button with a "C" on the eagles chest, the back is all rusted over so I cant see anything on it. I don't know if it's a real Navy button or if it's like a Navy Cadet button or if its just a fantasy suit button, any ideas if it's real or when its from? Thanks for lookin and happy hunting everyone.
 

Attachments

  • 3-14-10  001.webp
    3-14-10 001.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 3-14-10  002.webp
    3-14-10 002.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 663
  • 3-14-10  003.webp
    3-14-10 003.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 644
  • 3-14-10  001.webp
    3-14-10 001.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 653
  • 3-14-10  002.webp
    3-14-10 002.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 3-14-10  003.webp
    3-14-10 003.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 629
Upvote 0
Looks like a blazer button. What does the back look like? Iron or brass?
 
The back is all rusted over.
 
TreasureFiend said:
The back is all rusted over.

thats your clue - blazer button :icon_thumright:
 
good hunt, congrats on the silver
 
Nice silver ring :wink:
 
Sweet finds TF :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
nice button!!!! MR TUFF
 
Yep It's a blazer button. Mid 1900's or so. Nice ring though.
 
Very nice ring, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom