What's new

Word of mouth

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
2,134
Reaction score
523
Golden Thread
0
Location
austin,texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any metal detecting bussniness cards but word of mouth has got me some nice lawns in the last couple of months.My wife had to go in a get some surgery done,and while I was waiting in the recovery room,I overherd a lady talking on her cell phone saying that she lost her favorite necklace somewhere in the backyard and she always loses her stuff,keys,etc.After she got off the phone I wrote my name and phone number on a piece of paper & told her that I could find it for her,free of charge.Well she talked a little bit to me and asked if I think I could really find it and how much money I would charge:icon_scratch:,I told her it would be free and that I thought I could find it.Well the next day she called me ,and gave me directions to her house.When I got there she was mowing or scalping her grass really short thinking this would help me???.I asked her where she last remembered having the necklace on and that I'd start from there.About 10 minutes later I saw it in the tall flowers.She thanked me and then let me search her yard,I found about $2 in clad,but she asked if she could give me number to her friends,and I said sure.:icon_thumleft:
 
yep, today at church, two people came up to me and asked me to come look for lost items, another told me of a man that works for the electric company that lost his wedding band while putting in a new pole. These people can get us access to places a lot easier with a lot less headache... for the most part. It just takes a little while to get the wheels in motion but when they do, it sure is nice.
 
works both ways too.there was a real piece of work dude up here that used to just help himself onto private property and challenge anyone who said anything.He is no longer around.In this small town an attitude like his found a closed community.No jobs except with his own kind.those types got wiped out by the economy up on this mountain.the good folks are the last standing and I have found it is very easy to get permission.following are a few tips;

1)have a cooler in the car with cold beer on ice
2)have your backup machine and extra gear with ya
3)bring a smile and some time to talk about the good ol days etc.
then share 1 2 and 3
if its fun for them and you its a win win.I have givin all finds to a few select folks knowing they would get me onto some cool old sites...they did.

It can be easy to forget its about having a good time,finding something maybe,but always a good time.

cheers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom