Frodov
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 24, 2007
- Messages
- 1,021
- Reaction score
- 34
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lexington, KY
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
- #1
Thread Owner
Hey everyone!
I usually don't post in this forum as most of my verbage and wordsmithing goes on over in "Today's Finds", but I figured this would be the better venue for my questions. My wife and I are making a break from our regular yearly vacation location and trying out a new destination. Well, "new" for us anyway. For the past several years we've trekked from our home in Kentucky out to the east coast to vacation at North Myrtle Beach South Carolina. This year, however, we are heading a bit farther south to check out Destin Florida and Panama Beach. New destination, unfamiliar territory and ignorance of local laws and ordinances regarding metal detecting.
***** HELP ******
I was wondering if any of my fellow TreasureNetters out there could guide me in the right direction for staying on the right side of the law. Anyone have the 411 on the local regulations and ordinances concerning metal detecting in and around Panama Beach and Destin Florida? I would appreciate any and all help or comments offered up. Thanks in advance. and... as always...
~Happy Hunting~
Frodov
I usually don't post in this forum as most of my verbage and wordsmithing goes on over in "Today's Finds", but I figured this would be the better venue for my questions. My wife and I are making a break from our regular yearly vacation location and trying out a new destination. Well, "new" for us anyway. For the past several years we've trekked from our home in Kentucky out to the east coast to vacation at North Myrtle Beach South Carolina. This year, however, we are heading a bit farther south to check out Destin Florida and Panama Beach. New destination, unfamiliar territory and ignorance of local laws and ordinances regarding metal detecting.
***** HELP ******
I was wondering if any of my fellow TreasureNetters out there could guide me in the right direction for staying on the right side of the law. Anyone have the 411 on the local regulations and ordinances concerning metal detecting in and around Panama Beach and Destin Florida? I would appreciate any and all help or comments offered up. Thanks in advance. and... as always...
~Happy Hunting~
Frodov







